Whats wrong with my leaves?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by arianabedford, Feb 25, 2016.

1. #1 arianabedford, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2016
    Hi Everyone,

here are my details:

8x 54w T5 HO mixed spectrum
    DWC
    5 weeks in veg
    humidity 50%
    PH 5.8-6.1
    room temp 21c
    res temp 20c
    flora nova grow
    currently at 400ppm (160ppm tap water + 240ppm nutes)

Can someone identify what the issues are with these leaves? the issues are on the fan leaves mostly near the bottom. Roots look fine. Not sure what happening

thanks.

Attached Files:

2. The spots look like calcium deficiency. - add CalMag.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Hope this helps. We had the same exact problem. We flushed then added CalMag in the next feeding

4. Yup she right.

5. I ran into the same thing using Floranova grow the fine folks who replied are right cal/mag deficiency

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

6. #6 arianabedford, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2016
    could this be from my running my nutes too low? if I upped my nutes would it help? or if i changed my PH to 6.2 for a few days to uptake more calcium and magnesium?

Also, one thing im wondering is my tap water is quite hard, which i was thought meant it has a lot of calcium and magnesium already. i looked a chart and it look to be:
    calcium 34 mg/l or 35ppm
    magnesium its approx 8.9 mg/l. or 9ppm

tap water ppm is approx 150-160ppm

Look forward to your responses, Thanks everyone!!!

7. in my opinion, ur ppm is too low. Bump it up to 700 or 900ppm and ur ph is good at 6.1. RO water is a lot better than tap. There's too much chlorine and fluoride that'll stop the roots from taking in what it needs i.e.: deficiency, nutrient or ph lockout. If u have to use tap, let it sit for 24hrs.
    Check ur ph after adding ur nutes. Some nutes will change it

8. #8 arianabedford, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2016

Do you mean for example 900ppm (tap water 160ppm + 740ppm flora grow nutes)? i want to use RO but to fill my res would take days, i have to find one with no tank that can fill on demand. our tap water doesn't use regular chlorine so you cannot let it sit and will evaporate, it stays in the water via ammonia as a stabilizer (from what i know) which i believe is known as chloramine.