What's wrong with my baby seedling!?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Gcwarriror93, Jun 10, 2017.

1. This is my first grow. And this is my 2 week old white widow. I have her under 400w led that's 34 inches or farther and three 40w fluorescent tube lights 6 to 8 inches away. She's in a 5 gal smart pot. (I know I should of started smaller and transplanted higher) my bad. But some of the leafs are curled weirdly and yellow starting on top. What's wrong? Snapchat-2044656092.jpg Snapchat-580445367.jpg

2. PH fluctuation I assume. Its young and shouldn't be showing lack of nutes. Are you checking it?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

3. Yes I am. Ph has been around 6.3 and 6.5. It's in ffof so I wouldn't think it be bad on nutes as well. You think that could be the only issue? If so I'll make sure to double check my ph each time. Thank you for the advice! :love-m3j:

4. Might have been abit early to plant it in hot soil. But its my belief pH based.

5. Do you think she'll bounce back?

6. Ya just stay with phed water for now. That soil should dam near carry you into flower. Don't over water and you should be fine.

7. Will do! I don't water till soil is dry to first knuckle. But should I be watering enough to see run off since the seedlings are in a five gallon pot cause I have been watering in small circles around them?

8. I personally always do a full watering. Overall it promotes better root development.

9. I'm gonna water them more then to lol. You been a big help! thank you!

10. Have you been foliar feeding or spraying the leaves - looks like some kind of residue on the leaves.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I agree with smoke here, always do full watering. Not a fan of spot watering at all.

12. I give them a mist of just regular tap water at room temp every few days. I have a bubba kush that I been doing the exact same stuff to and that one is dominating the game. And the only reason I was spot watering was cuz the plants are to small for the pots and I didn't want to over water. But I went ahead and gave them a good watering with 6.1 ph they both looking pretty well sept what you see on the pics with this one.

13. the first knuckle thing will mess you up, let that thing dry til its light and the plant looks thirsty, you may only water once or twice in the first month. Once it gets size on it'll dry faster but you still want it to need water before you water it

14. I'm definitely still feeling it out with the lifting technique. And I'll definitely gonna wait a bit for the next watering. Thanks for all the help! I'm definitely gonna post again when I see some changes! Hopefully positive!

15. Looks like you've been spraying them with water. If so you should stop. Looks like it could be burn.

16. You think burn and a iron deficiency?

17. Snapchat-1274311629.jpg
    This is her today. She is still growing like a beast!

18. Oh she's looking good in general. What I meant is there seems to be spots from water on some leaves. Water on the leaves can act like a loupe and burn the leaves. But now that I look at the top leaves from this angle, it looks like variegation as it seems to be yellow on one half of the leaf. If so, nothing to worry about.

19. That is great news thanks for giving me your advice! I think I'm gonna lay off the misting for awhile. I'll be posting more updates soon!

20. There is nothing wrong with your plant. The challenge at this point is going to be for you to leave it alone and let it do it's thing. You have the necessary light and environment for the plant to grow. If you watered it in well upon putting into soil, rest assured it's going to be WEEKS before it needs any real attention from you. Don't start pouring nutrients in on your plant please. Until it's been given time to use up the majority of those that came in the soil fresh out of the bag, giving more will just cause nute burn. Let it use up the nutes in the soil and get hungry before you start pouring chemicals into it. You won't even need to give it anymore water likely for a couple of weeks or more after watering it in because you started it off in such a huge container of soil. You'll have to wait for it to finish building a root system and get back to putting on new growth at a good clip and even then WAIT to water until you can lift the container and feel NO WEIGHT. If on lifting the container, you feel any weight at all, that is moisture still contained in the soil and your plant does not need any water. It should feel as if you just filled the pot with fresh soil and haven't watered it yet....light as a feather. To keep these plants healthy, they need defined wet/dry cycles and allowing them to dry out sufficiently is a huge deal. So leave it alone and don't give water until it uses up what you gave it last time and it'll be fine. Yes, starting them in Solo cups and only transplanting up in container size when the plant has become wider and taller than the container it's been growing in. Always let your plants dry out to dead dry before attempting a repot as well. Letting them get dry helps hold the entire root ball together when you make the exchange from one container to another. Hey....none of us knew anything when we started out. The more you grow, the better you get at it. Best of luck. TWW

• Like Like x 3