Whats Wrong with my Airstone

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by blood_on_snow, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Hello. I just set up a 10 gallon tank for a res for my plants, it's not hydroponic or anything I just thought it would be fun to set up a tank to keep fresh aerated water at hand rather than my mineral infested well water. Really that stuff turns my shower blue, and not just a light tint either I mean like smurf blue.

Anywho, so I have a 100 gallon air pump and a 5" circular airstone, the problem is is that instea of bubbles coming out all over it their are like 5 streams of bubbles coming out in a select few spots in the corners and whatnot. Whats wrong with this thing? At first I thought it just needed breaking in but after almost a week it's starting to worry me. The airstone upstairs in the fishtank is a little 1/2" stone and puts out more air than this thing.

2. Your pump could be shagged... making the noise but fuck all coming out, had that before...
    Dismantle it and try it without the Stone, dubmerged it should blow big air pockets, if it dont - Answer found...

Do a little diagnosing mate :D

3. Good point, the airpump is actually putting out as much air as the airstone. Well crap looks like I need a new pump unless you know something I can do to try and fix this thing. It's putting out plenty of air just only about as much as the 10 gallon pump.