What's wrong with metal/wood pipes?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by MrPuppetMan, Sep 11, 2011.

1. I'm new to smoking weed, and plan to buy a pipe soon.

I've heard from some people on these forums to only smoke through glass pipes, and I was wondering whats wrong with metal and wood pipes?

Thanks ^^

2. nothing at all

i smoked out of my deer antler pipe earlier.

3. Some metal pipes get hottt and some wood pipes taste like wood haha. It's most a personal preference

4. Nothins wrong with metal pipes, I use one and it works good because it can never break and it also comes apart to clean it easily. It only gets hot if you smoke like 5 bowls in a row

5. Great! :D Thanks for the advice. I'm very glad about that because I waaaayyy prefer the look of some of the wood and wood/metal pipes.

I know I might be stupid for only caring about the looks but this is my first pipe, so what else to I have to go on? :D (asides from bowl size, length, etc)

6. youll find your real smoking preferances the older you get and more you burn

7. I bought a 6$ wood pipe from this very site.
    Hits like fuckin money and I love it.

8. I like my little metal pipe a lot. It's great for stealth purposes. The bowl itself can get hot, but mine has a thick metal base, and that's where I hold my pipe. That part doesn't get so hot.

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      190.3 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      204.4 KB
      Views:
    • 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      202.8 KB
      Views:
  9. Thanks a lot for the pictures. :)

10. i think it has to do with personal preference more than anything, but i do prefer the glass pipes just because i think it's alot cleaner than smoking out of metal and i think wood deteriorates faster and harder to clean

11. Well, don't kill me but I've heard metal helps develop Alzheimer's. Glass is just plain better to. Look into stone pipes those are pretty cool

12. I don't know how true that Alzheimer's claim is, there's been a lot of debate about it. Personally, I feel you can't beat a glass pipe for bringing out the flavor of a great bud. Stone pipes are nice though, and they're pretty. I've found some really nice ones at Indian craft stores.

13. #13 HelpDesk, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2011
    People complain about flavor...

Personally i don't mind metal pipes... I have 2 that are used daily. Can;t say that i'm a fan of wood though... Just don't like em.

If you can, get a stone bowl. Amazing bowls... They have no flavor to them so all you get is the flavor of weed... They're stone so naturally they'll stay cooler than a glass pipe... and like 10 times more durable..

14. I've never hit a metal pipe, but I own a wooden one and a glass one. I simply like the glass one more because I don't get that wierd wooden aftertaste >.< and it's easier to tell when it's cashed, at least for me.

15. [quote name='"GreenDirector"']Well, don't kill me but I've heard metal helps develop Alzheimer's. Glass is just plain better to. Look into stone pipes those are pretty cool[/quote]

No don't listen to him
    The alzheimer thing only goes for smoking out of aluminum foil

Some people think that all that heat will cause "bad" fumes from metal but you would need to put the lighter on it for like a few hours for that to happen
    Nothing wrong with those pipes just they are not as "clean" hitting as glass but idont taste/feel a difference they all get me baked

16. Glass is seen to be higher quality most of the time but they all have their advantages just do what you want to do and whoever doesn't like it can suck a nut.

17. [quote name='"theglasscouch"']Glass is seen to be higher quality most of the time but they all have their advantages just do what you want to do and whoever doesn't like it can suck a nut.[/quote]

Nicely said.

18. A Boro glass nut that was annealed. YES haha