Whats wrong with 1 of my seedlings?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by miscbrah3284, Apr 12, 2011.

1. #82 Wardrobe, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2011
    It's well worth buying one. It'll allow you to keep good control over the amount/strength of nutes.
    I'm feeding according to an EC-based schedule. I've gone back down to 0.9, (450ppm Hanna), after the burns the other day, but the general idea on my new schedule is to start at 0.7, (350ppm Hanna), then gradually increase to 1.8, (900ppm), at about week 12, then drop off to 0.2, (100ppm), at the end. (My tap water is 0.2.) pH always 5.8-6.0
    I bought a cheap pH meter and EC meter set off eBay for about $40. The EC meter works well. The pH meter is rubbish. I'm using indicator solution for pH testing now. (My meter told me that my tap water was pH 6.9, but when I tested it with indicator solution it weighed in at pH 8+, a darkish blue.) I might buy a decent Hanna meter, but I might stick with indicator solution, too. More reliable and doesn't need calibrating.
    Lucky for me, the pH meter was accurate at pH 6, so all my nute mixes have been OK.
    AskEd's Coco Guide has some good guidelines for EC values and watering, among other things.

2. Just checked on the plants, the two smallest ones are drooping over pretty bad...dont really feel like i over watered them cuz i gave the two 6 inch square pots the same amount of water as the last two times ive watered them....but yeah, pretty bad drooping right now. The one i transplanted i figured is just a little droopy from transplant stress, but also gave that one extra water cuz it was moved back into the 3gallon pot, but i guess it wasnt ready for that much water....hopefully there isnt any irreversible damage when i wake up in the morning and check on them...

the two biggest ones are looking good though. maybe ill just give them straight water next time.

3. Shit - not good. Don't be too concerned about overwatering - it's nigh on impossible in coco. Just ensure that after watering there's no water pooled in the trays. Most important.
    Keep us posted.

4. plants are looking fine, less droopy this morning....new growth on the two biggest plants. I think im gunna continue to let the biggest ones get bigger, but ill still top at the third node. thinking about attempting cloning, ill use the part i topped for my first attempts.

Man, i dont think ive mentioned this....but I dont know which plants are which. When i originally put the seeds in shotglasses to germ i left the tags infront of each shot glass but the next morning when i planted them I accidentally forgot to label the pots lmao

all i know is that burn victim is Dinafem Blue Hash
    there is a dutch passion oasis
    a dinafem critical+
    and another dinafem blue hash
    I dont know which the last 3 are....im trying to figure it out right now by looking at the plants leaves and the info on attitude about which are sativa and indica. hopefully i c an figure it out...

noob mistakes galore! in this thread

5. It won't matter what they're called when you're smoking them. I've made much worse mistakes.
    Glad the girls are looking happier.

6. there's no mistakes in learning. thats why its called learning.

7. Haha thanks sage. Appreciate your help Bro. This thread has pretty much become a grow journal, i think i might start an official journal and end this one.

8. I am starting an official grow journal! Hope i get some followers, ill post the link in a few minutes :wave: