What's wrong?! Please help.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SoloG97, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Ok .. So I'm not sure what's going on here...I'm in 2nd week of flower and the tops are starting to turn brown and crumble... they are under a 400 watt hps. About 8 inches... it doesn't get very hot from the tops. I can put my hand in there with no problem.. ph is about 6.8 when I water... I use half nutes... fox farm trio. With top dress bat guano....
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. with no problem.. ph is about 6.8 when I water... I use half nutes... fox farm trio. With top dress bat guano....

I'd be flushing 3 times the pot volume with air temp ph'ed water

allow to drain overnight to continue in the morning

some more perlite is good

bat shit did this avoid or better apply via foilar spray

good luck

3. Light burn homie. Look how it's only the tops and brown curled tips are trademark light burn. What's temps? And how far away is top of canopy from your hps?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Light burn can look like a potassium deficiency due to the bleaching the leaves get.

• Like Like x 1
  5. He said earlier 400w, hps 8 inches from canopy..

Is it in a cool tube?

• Like Like x 1
  6. I wouldn't run my 400 watt 8 inches away. For one it makes the foot print tiny. Also too hot for me to do that. Here check this out. IMG_2634.JPG

I run mine on the higher end at 15-18 inches because I would rather the plant not be in the uncomfortably warm zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yea it's in a cool tube with exhaust.

Sent from my 5049W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. If that's the case then I'm gonna have to take it out the tent. I can't pull it up any higher... I didn't think it would make much of a difference... [​IMG]

Sent from my 5049W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. This is what happens in flower all the time. You're slightly low on nitrogen but because the flower light is so intense the deficiency shows up on the top of the canopy before the bottom which is more typical with low nitro.

I would back the light off a few inches and increase nitrogen slightly.

10. The beginning of stretch is the period of the plant's most intense consumption of nitrogen. Many people make the mistake of limiting nitro at the beginning of flower when the real need for nitro doesn't taper down until about 4th week of flower. You should keep your late veg nitro strength until about week 4-5 of flower. Then slowly taper it.

11. Light burn is exasperated by nute lockout. Address the lockout, and the light burn becomes a non-issue.

I think people fail to recognize the strong relationship between the two.

12. Transplant to a 7 gallon smart pot. It will gain you 6" of headroom. 5 gallon buckets are tall. You need a little more light distance.

• Agree Agree x 1