Whats worse... hookah or ciggarettes

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Minimal It, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Which is worse.. Hookah or Cigarettes? and why

I was smoking hookah at a friends pad the other day when the question came up. None of us were really sure.. we "google'd" it but got all kinds of different answers.

I'd think hookah is less bad for you.. but a few of my friends were saying it was worse.

2. #2 Floydian, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019

3. definetly ciggierettes.. I don't think Shisha has as much tobacco for how much you smoke and the smoke is WAY less harsh (it's being filtered)

4. well both are filtered, but my moneys on cigarettes for being worse. btw, why would you use a hookah for tobacco? :p

5. #5 Floydian, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2009
    Because you don't smoke cigarette tobacco... you smoke shisha.

COMPLETELY different story.

Edit; Now I'm lolling at just the thought of unpacking cigs and putting it in a hookah... You'd have a heartattack in 2 hits.

6. im aware of it being shisha. haha youre right about the cigarette tobacco in a hookah, ive done that out of a bong before. horrible experience.

7. #7 Floydian, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019

8. What about the size of the hits you take with hashish? Cause i remember back in biology class during high school, our teacher told us that though the weed we smoke out of our bongs is filtered by the water your actually destroying more cilia(er what ever those things in your lungs are) because of the size of the hit.

I mean, yeah if you smoke a pack a day it will be worse but im sure theres a point where a night of hookah is more damaging than X amount of cigarettes.

9. #9 Floydian, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019

10. I smoke weed all day, and smoke 2 shisha bowl a day with my roommate. Also roll spliffs twice a day, so ive been trying to figure out which is the worst for me every day for the past month. Doing a little research i can give you this info:
    -Shisha is bad because of the mass amount of smoke you inhale. The carbon monoxide you inhale from 1 shisha hit is probably worth a couple of cigarettes.
    -Cigarettes are bad because of all the shit they put in it (fermadylhide, tar, cynanide, i can go on...). Shisha ingredients are only Molasses and Tobacco (0% Tar)
    -Also using the fact sheets on the back of both i found a whole shisha 250g brick has 2.5g of nicotine in it. I am not sure how much nicotine is in a single cigarette ( I am guessing from 2-10mg each cig? )

I am pretty high so im definitely forgetting some stuff but correct me if im wrong on any of that. pce~

11. #11 pocket biscuits, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009
    ^ you know the tar comes from the tobacco being burned, the 0% percent tar sales ploy is pretty lame. no plant has tar in it.

im afraid to say i have yet to smoke hash. im feelin an ounce of middies comin on... use a quarter or a half to make some.

12. Aye figured there was a sales ploy there. Thx for info!

13. Because weed particles can clog hoses if they get through the water, and it's happened to me on my 4 hose hookah.

Hookah is actually worse. Wikipedia that shit. You inhale MUCH more smoke than a cigarette. I think the amount comes out to 5 packs worth of tobacco per session, per person. Maybe more.

But, this is completely natural tobacco, that is filtered through water. Some High-end shisha is "washed" before hand, which leaves it with little nicotin in it, thus resulting in little "buzz". On hookahforum.com we rated shisha based on ease of smoking, thickness of smoke, buzz, flavor, longevity, etc...

Washed tobacco, like Starbuzz is higher quality ( more flavor, lasting longer), yet it doesn't give much of a buzz. I prefer True Egyptian or middle east Shisha, like AL Fahker, or Al waha. Traditional, thus un-washed tobacco, that will give you a hell of a buzz. Smoke a bowl or two of shisha ( correctly) with a friend, and you both with be fucked up.

But to answer the question a little more: What's worse, Inhaling 5x the amount of tobacco smoke, or inhaling a pack of cigarettes, that ISN'T water filtered, and can contain up to 4,000 chemicals after conbustion?