Whats with this bud?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SWAD, Dec 30, 2009.

1. #1 SWAD, Dec 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2009
    Alright, this is my first grow. Any tips from you experience guys would be very appreciated.

I have some plants growing in my closet under cfl's in soil. They are about 3 weeks or so into flowering and are looking pretty sweet.

I have been fertilizing with bio-canna Bio flores and organic unsulphured mollasses.

The only thing bothering me is the top bud on one of the plants. The pistils are turning red, and from what i understand this is much too early.

Should i harvest this top bud soon, is it ready, and more importantly, wtf mate????

the pics for this plant are the 3rd, 4th, 5th one.

THANKS,
    SWAD

Attached Files:

2. Awesome pictures dude, she is nowhere near ready :eek: Always harvest using the trichomes as a guide. She looks pretty, could just be her genes, I'd clone her :cool:

Buds can turn red when damaged but you're girl looks healthy

Good luck

3. So you think that the reddening is normal? Those pictures are from a few days ago, and it is getting redder.

I wish I could clone, but i thought you usually want to do that in veg, no? anyways, thanks man

4. what are you heat temps at? I have heard that the pistles will brown if the temps are to hot

5. It was about mid-80's then yesterday I raised the lights, moved the fan closer and started it on oscillating. It went down to a cool 73. I will update how that helped when i find results.

6. Maybe its some sort of hybrid.. That would be freakin sweet.. Let that red head keep on keep'n on... Im following this post.. I agree with ya SWAD.. Clone her if possible just in case it turns out to be some sort of nuclear radioactive bud..

7. I have a plant that is about 4 weeks into flower and is doing the same thing, How many CFLs are you running?

8. might just be a unique gene or something the leaves really don't show any heat damage

9. 11 of the 26-watters, soft white on five plants

They are all from bagseeds that happened to pop out of some good bud, most from my buddy in boston, so I have no idea of the strains.

10. It is in the plant's genetics. There are some plants that turn the pistols red like that. They arent showing signs of being anywhere near ready. Those pistils are still their full size and havent started shrinking/turning redish orange. You still have a while my friend. Got a microscope for those trichromes?

11. #11 SWAD, Dec 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2009

Some of the pistils on other bud sites did have a little tinge of browness on the tips, so I moved the lights up to be safe.

I agree, I think it is just the genetics because this the nastiest plant I have of all five. it bushed out like crazyyy. plus, the lights are closer to other plants, and the redness hasn't happened to any of them.

No i don't, I need to get on that pretty soon. Thanks for the info

(I guess I will just keep updating this thread because i'm sure i will need some more help come harvesting time. So expect more pics) goodnight

12. red hairs are normal, dont pay attention to them though pay attention to the trichs. My girls went from mostly red hairs back to mostly white thanks to new growth at the end of the flowering stage. Mine are thickening up here about 8 days to harvest and more white hairs came out as the buds thickened.

13. this is true i have had it happen. but if you back off the lights a little and white pistols come back. then you would be sure if this is the problem. so check your overall highest temp your box gets and reassess you lighting and see if its too close. also the buds are more susceptible to heat stress if soil is too dry during lights on with higher temps. hope this helps:smoke: