What's with all this Anti-Science nonsense? also some of my own ideas kind of a blog

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by kojopolis, Dec 1, 2011.

1. hey op!
    not all of us nut jobs use a hammer.....
    i live with all the symptoms of schizophrenia........and i break rocks with my bare hands;):smoke:

on topic.....i have said for years if religion would stop being so anti-science....they may learn alot ....who knows....?
    but so long as they continue to run round "believing" they have it all figured out...they will never learn a thing....
    who knows....under the right circumstance......they mite teach each other things....who knows what the right scientist mite be able to find in the mess people have made of religion?

2. yeah i should of just posted this instead of that long ass 10000 word post.. lol...

3. a lot of people find comfort in knowing everything, i personally find comfort in not knowing, makes life feel so much more free, my thoughts are less routine like, as they used to be, always thinking about new things is great, it's like i'm free from one of the biggest ways i was imprisoned, your consciousness is easily one of the most important things in life, if not the most important, and you control it (most of the time)

4. Science is man-made. I think you mean nature? Unless your referring to our current understanding of how nature works, then maybe I'd call it science, except science still hasn't created an objective interpretation for how nature works and is unified with everything.

5. #25 AJGuitar, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    Thanks man, though yours was more detailed, I just find it weird what some people count as proof, and at times the spirituality and philosophy forum seems to me like people come here to reinforce these beliefs and have no challenges. :wave:

6. #26 PeruvianDank, Dec 2, 2011
    Reality is everything that keeps existing after you stop believing in it.

On another note...

...There should be a subforum called Alternative & Conspiracy theories. This is where they should talk about Freemasons, reptilians, ancient astronauts, New World Order and whatnot. People who enjoy to talk about these topics could post them there. No need to clutter a Science section with pseudoscience, non accepted theories, etc.

I'm not saying that talking about how Queen Elizabeth and George W. Bush are reptilians that are out there to control the world and enslave humanity is bad or wrong, Im just saying that it doesn't belong here.

edit: btw I mean, that they shouldn't post that in the Science and nature section. But seeing as they have no subforum for alternative theories, I think Pandora's Box would be a good place, not S & P.

7. my unique situation has made it quite clear to me ...that often ...even what i think i know...may be way off......

when i think about those who "need to know everything"
    they are obviously often the same type who "need to be right" all the time....

all that need consumes them.....
    and when the real world doent fit what they think/believe it is........they start making shit up....just to be right....

they need it the way a junky needs that next fix...and will do anything to get it......lie-cheat-steal....

half of them dont even realize they are just blindly following some shit someone elts told them ...and they have come up with nothing at all themselves?

i mean fuck....the guy they (the Christians anyway)claim to follow......told them not to do exactly that.....
    this guy told them to find it in themselves.....
    not in mens twisted religions......

but thats not what the guy in the front of the room told them so i must be wrong.....and they must be right.....

the guy they claim to follow also told them that it is the spirit of the law that matters.....not the letter of the law.....
    but im wrong...cus that ant what the pastor/preacher/priest said.....

the fools dont even realize that it is religion that drives thinking people away from god.......with their claims of "knowing everything" bulshit...

i also find comfort in not knowing it all....
    in knowing that we just cant see it all from here.....so why waste our lives trying?
    if in the end this creator is real......
    do you think he gave you this live to run round trying to figure him/her/it out?

if at the end....you stand before the universe....and are asked ....what did you do with the life that was given to you......

will your answer be....i did what the guy at the church told me to do....(or pretended to live that way)
    or will your answer be...i made the most of this mess i could!!!! and learned what i could along the way..........

i cant believe we still alow religion to have any say at all in what science does and doesnt do anyway.....(ex- stem-cell research)

8. i was thinking the same thing, great name too! i would totally check that out! what bothers me is i come here for intelligent discussion and yeah, pseudoscience
    great idea must be done

i'm not a hater, i just feel this is the wrong place for that kind of stuff!

9. #29 DBV, Dec 2, 2011
    I agree some topics aren't necessarily S+P material here, but this isn't Science and Nature so the content doesn't have to be limited to Science just cause you want it too..

This subforum is more an exercise of mind and isn't limited by empirical evidence. It's basically all opinion/interpretation. There is a subforum for discussing empirical evidence.

10. #30 dirtydingusus, Dec 2, 2011
    very good point......alot of what we discus here is all about "what we personally think" about shit....our opinions....
    some blades call those opinions "beliefs" and get bent when challenged and asked for anything resembling "proof"

now...i think those looking for proof....would be content to discus..ideas/thoughts/feelings/yes even beliefs..if those with beliefs....didnt insist they had to be right.....

when this happens.....
    when ever someone says....this is just what i think...or my opinion...or this is what i feel.....discussion carry on.....
    it is always when someone claims they must be right...there answer is the only answer.....that we come to the same repetitive arguments again and again.......

if we could be rid of thinking we have all the answers.......
    we just mite find a few:eek:;):smoke:

here in this dark part of the forum.....a feeling is evidence enough....if you want to talk about it...and arnt trying to convince us all that you have "all the answers" or that "you know what is right for everyone"....

we often have open discussions here......and some of them go far......

trying to have it all figured out must take up alot of ones energy....yes?

these people often seem to become consumed with it......
    without even realizing what they are actually up to themselves....

maybe?;):smoke:

11. Philosophy is addicting to an intellect! lol. I think a lot of people are missing skepticism in there opinions though.

12. #32 kojopolis, Dec 2, 2011
    i don't want it limited to science, i enjoy what if questions, my primary complaint is things like this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vlnZEO8lfA[/ame]
    and
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7irynJtKI4I[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLCt-b64WSE[/ame]

these individuals aren't expressing opinions there reciting things they read on galactic federation of light website and expecting people to reply 'YES I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHANNELING!!'
    very rarely are actual ideas expressed here, my complaint is that this section is loaded with these threads and it's fucking annoying because there's always like 20 of them and they're the only ones getting bumped because majority of users who use this section are into it hard

these people aren't thinking for themselves, it's the same as religion, they want answers so they attach to idea after idea after idea, i'm not against it, do what you want, i just feel it doesn't belong here, it's like say going to a science convention because they just figured out time travel, and guess who's here, Christians protesting the devils science, just an example, i don't know

you can't even argue with them, same as religious people, they reply with condescending downtalk as if you're an idiot and you haven't experienced 'enlightenment' and that one day i'll 'find out' i did find out and i was into all of this shit, about a year ago i watched all of david ickes stuff, i read changelings and hoped to ascend during the 2012 ascension and i kept looking for direct answers i couldn't accept nobody knew what was going on, i would make up excuses like 'quantum physics proves it' and 'obes mean consciousness is absolutely non-local' but a certain experience i had that i went into expecting to talk to the enlightened masters changed everything and i came out thinking 'what the fuck have i been thinking' right then i realized there is no point in believing anything that can't be proven, why we're here can't be proven and nobody knows what's going on it was scary, but it was one of the most important things that ever happened to me ever

13. #33 DBV, Dec 2, 2011
    I know what you mean.. those were kind-of what I was referring to, but to the believers, it involves spiritual communication. Just gotta take it worth a grain of salt and let them do their thing bud. It's not to hard to just move on.. I personally don't think its as common as you say. It's mostly confined to that one thread from what I notice.

The history channel doesn't help.. lol.

edit: ok, definitely more than one! Haha.. still, they're free to discuss it imo. I just wish it would be more philosophical based.. I guess good philosophical questions are just harder to pose than spiritual ones? Most philosophical ones I see are repeated constantly.

14. ^Those videos are hilarious :p

15. #35 kojopolis, Dec 2, 2011
    yeah but i really think Peruvian nailed it with the alternative and conspiracy theories section
    i would love a section like that because i would honestly probably use it, no i wouldn't flame everyone on how everything's false, I'm human sometimes i like watching some crazy shit, i just watched this conspiracy theory video on how this dude thinks Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings and symbolically told the story in 'the shining' fucking awesome movie!

when i say i like the idea i don't mean 'send all those jacks over there!' this a forum full of stoners so it's bound to be a popular place, conspiracy theories are always attractive if you're not into them you probably haven't heard about them, you know? especially when you start smoking weed and enter that phase where you realize your more open minded

16. I'm pretty sure they'd still post that stuff here though since they consider it spiritual... who knows though. I'm gonna PM some mods with the idea now.

17. i wonder how much money scammers make off that shit.

when i see the shit some people will buy and resell to others, i often wonder how much i could make if i stopped caring.

18. we could make up some real good shit if we wanted to.......:eek::smoke:

19. yeah. hey everybody, donate a thousand dollars to me over your lifetime and i will ensure it goes into a time travel fund which will later be used to come back in time to put you in touch with your future self so you can live the good life! for another thousand, we'll come back from even farther in the future and give you a cosmological lojack that will keep you away from hell!

20. I guess neither logic or reading are your strong points, if they were then this would have been a different thread. Such a petty little individual.