Whats with all the hatred on Greek life?

Discussion in 'General' started by njoobu, Sep 24, 2010.

1. I stayed with my friend at Auburn unversity his first week of college and every frat party I went to they were all cool as fuck.

2. I dont judge when i first meet people... but i do tend to judge frat boys because out of all the ones ive met, 95% were complete douchebags.. Most of them were rich and stuck up. Drove a lexus and made fun of others, yet there mommy and daddy buys all their shit, paid their tuition, pays for them to go a frat.. In general I just dont like thier "style".. But then again dont judge a book by its cover, i went to some frat at FSU with my older sister, the guys were smokin weed and they got me drunk and were hella chill.. May just be because my older sister is hot and they werent gonna be dicks to a girls brother but, they seemed cool

3. Meh...I have friends that are/were in fraternities/sororities and it is true, there are definitely some cool people involved in them.
    HOWEVER, for the very most part, I find that people who chose to not join a fraternity are way chiller people.
    The reason I feel this way is that I was in a sorority when I was a freshman in college. I deactivated after only a quarter of being in it because I couldn't stand how fake all the bitches in my sorority were. They talked shit about each other constantly but then acted like best friends in public. When I deactivated, I said it was because I couldn't afford it (I really couldn't, I was forced to pay over 1000 dollars just for the one quarter I was in it....it was 600 dollars to activate alone!!) but even so, they all acted like they never knew me after I quit. They didn't even make eye contact when I'd walk by, but when I was in the sorority they were all so nice and acted like my "sister". Fuck that
    I have made REAL friends since then.
    I feel like people in sororities/frats are more like "drinkers" and the other friends I've made are more like "smokers". Of course we all do both (for the most part) but most people seem to enjoy one more than the other, and I happen to enjoy kicking back with a blunt and a movie much more than a drunken kegger and getting hit on by a bunch of drunk frat guys
    Just my long .02 :)

4. You do not need to join a group of air-headed idiots in order to party and meet girls. Not to mention the girls you will meet at a frat party are probably sluts...

5. I knew plenty of guys in fraternities that were cool, but we also had our house grafittied by a fraternity...and had beer bottles chucked down onto a bball court we were playing on by a fraternity. Most of the overconfident assholes tend to join fraternities, which smears the image for the rest of you, but you knew there was a stigma attached when you joined.

6. uhhhhhhh dude, come on now

7. So o.o...

8. Scott... Haha! I was thinking the same thing when I read that.

9. well shit, sounds wierd now that i read it.. but i mean she has the same genes as me :)

10. :confused:I have no idea what they do now, but frats back in the 70's were known for alcohol poisoning and the gang rape of young women suffering from alcohol poisoning. Has this changed?

11. I just dislike cocky people. Also I know the frats at my college require a membership fee, and I'd rather not pay for my friends. I do know some pretty cool frat/sorority people, but some of the others just give it a bad impression. Yes, some people join just for the parties/girls/good time, but theres those other assholes who do it just to have a sense of power/importance over others I feel like. Kind of like joining one is some sort of feat. But I've decided a frat is not for me.

I remember last year, my freshmen year. There was a bunch of sorority girls sitting in a circle, (about 12 of them) and I walked up and sat down and you know ask how its going, whats it like to be in a sorority. And their first response is "are you in a frat?" after I replied no, they said "oh well... have a good year" and THEY ALL got up and walked away, I was flabbergasted. I found it funny though.

But yeah me and cocky people dont mix well, so I try to limit myself at frat parties.

12. Most of the Frats at my university are $500-$1200+ /semester. Pretty much a waste of money if you ask me, maybe it's because I'm 25, but honestly there's a better way to network with people and joining a Frat/Sorority is not the way to do it.

13. #33 tabbit, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2010
    In my experience it has been that most people involved with Greek life did so because transitioning from high school to college life was a big, scary thing, and without all their high school friends to fall back on they needed to go out and get new friends. So to easily do that and not have to worry about personality or behavior for the most part, Greek life.

Bam.

But do you what you want, not like I give a shit.

14. Im sorry, did I miss something? Where is GCs' hate for frats you speak of? I havent seen any..:confused:

[​IMG]

People hate you because a greater majority of you guys are this ^

:rolleyes:

Edit: Also, where have you been for the last 3 decades? The only people who DON'T make fun of Frat Douches are Frat Douches.

15. :hello:

16. I just don't like them, because of the reason they exist. Excessive drinking, intoxicating chicks to get easy (beat-up) pussy, the frat house is a place for all the kids nobody wants to fuck with/live with due to their douchey demeanors to congregate at, just shit like that. They think they're hard, when in reality they're just juicers that need a major ass whipping. I'm done.