What's up with

Discussion in 'General' started by wraughbit, Dec 24, 2008.

1. all these fucked up names for weed? People are just pulling names out of their ass right and left like no other. Unless you grew the weed, I highly doubt you know the name of it. So why are people titling their pick up threads with the "name of the strain?" It almost pisses me off, but I guess ignorance is bliss, right?

2. you don't like that every strain is

(insert name of fruit or color) kush?

3. fucking thank you!!! I lol'd.

4. It's just that I can see people holding a sack in their lap just looking at it. They press the button to start a new thread, at the same time they open a new tab to search for the coolest looking strain name to put for the title of the thread. It's just a little ridiculous. You aren't fooling any one by falsely slapping a name on a thread for some beasters.

5. i would blame the dealers more than the people who buy.

6. Yeah - well, here's the thing:

When I go into dispensaries and clubs, sometmes I'm looking for SPECIFIC strains, and the strain names help out identification. Also the clubs that I go to are reliable and have a great reputation. If they're selling, for example OG Kush, then I know for DAMN sure it's OG Kush, otherwise they wouldn't call it that.

Also, I like the names of most strains, it helps me identify the crosses (for example, I figured out just from the name that KASH was a standard Kush x Hash Plant cross breed).

I understand your frustration though, you're probably still getting your meds from a dealer who has maybe one or two strains, and since you've never really seen the genune strains, you have no idea if what you're getting is actually what they say it is.

In the medical community, strains are very important, as is ensuring that you're REALLY getting what you are buying. I'm not sure I really explained myself well, I just smoked some very nice Hindu Kush, and did some last minute Christmas Shopping. I'm a tad fried.

7. Sometimes I can see that happening, but sometimes people also know the names. I think you are underestimating the amount of people that actually have trustworthy hookups with named strains.

8. Or growers who get seeds from legitimate seed banks. There IS a difference in strains regardless of what the uninformed masses might think. I can't stand it now when some of my long term smoking friends don't even know what they're smoking. I go "What is this we've got" and they say "It's Pot." They don't even know if it's an indica or sativa or cross.

9. I hear you bro. Ever since I got back from Holland, people here in the states call there smoke all sorts of wacked out names. Like the other day I was smoking with this guy I know. I asked him what this was we're smoking. Says its Silver Haze. There's no way it was Haze since I had the REAL haze in Europe and it smoked and looked nothing like it.

10. i think the OP was talking more about people just making up names for random weed they got from a dealer, and not so much what you would get at a club or from a grower.

11. Then he should make that clear. Because the way I interpreted it that OP is saying that all names are silly, which we all know isn't the case.

12. yes!

Well what the fuck did you think I was talking about WildWill? Did you think I was trying to call out medical marijuana dispensaries for making up strain names??? HAHAH

Yes I do know growers that tell me the name of the strain once and a great while(in colorado). I rarely ask for it though because I don't give a fuck. Sure it's cool to know the strain if you are growing it, but it doesn't matter to me because I'm going to get stoned. Yeah I have buddies that have licenses too and they can get me any indica-stavia mixes, and that's all I really care about.

It's just dumb when people come in here and say they just picked up a sack of some Blackberry Kush x AK47.

You feel me?

fuck, my brother grows and he doesn't even know the name of his strain. Sure it's not that hard to buy seeds from seed banks and really know the name of the strain, but how many people here know that shit?

Fuck I could see some stoner growing weed and forgetting the name of the strain by the time it's done growing.

13. #13 wraughbit, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2008
    is that really like a pet peve for you smoking??? If you ever asked me that I'd make some shit up saying it's a cross between some Sour Diesel x Ak47 x Blueberry Grandaddy purps x OG Kush x Northern Lights x White Widow x White Rhino x Blue Dot x Silver Haze x AK44 x Romulan x The Punch x black berry kush.

Then I would tell you that it's a 34% stavia, 66% indica mix.

14. This is my biggest pet peeve of all. Seriously.

"DANK PICKUP OF FRUITPUNCH KUSH"
    "PINK LEMONADE AK-47 RIGHT HERE"
    this is the best though
    "PINEAPPLE EXPRESS PICKUP"

I don't know why people do it, it's really annoying.

15. ive smoked shit called
    coconut kush
    jerry garcia
    and the best one..
    dog shit

16. i bet i could convince you to smoke cat litter.

17. There IS a strain called cat piss ;)

18. I actually just met a person who called it Yayo.

No joke. They actually used slang for Cocaine.

19. whats up with thaaaaaaat?
    [​IMG]

20. Weed is just like every other business. A good name is good marketing. Dont know why anyone would expect different but not everyones framiler with the way a business works so..

You just use it as a guide...not a solid fact...

If I call 2 people and 1 has blueberry and the other has OG kush or silverhaze....im gonna choose silver haze unless I can look at the both before buying (time doesnt always allow that luxury and not everyone can chase a plant around all day)

Id bet that neither are even related to the original strain name but if your dealer isnt real sketchy then it gives an idea of what its gonna be.