What's up with one of my plants?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by zizou21, Mar 13, 2011.

1. I have 2 whit ewidow plants, they are about 40 days into flowering, and one of them looks much unhealthier than the other

The one on the left looks much paler, the leaves are droopy before and after feed, and there's purpley streaks on some of the leaves. I've been treating the two plants exactly the same way.

Let me know what you think :(

Attached Files:

• 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      456.6 KB
      Views:
  2. i dont have any personal experience w/ the widow, but chat w/ veodigital, hes runnin white widows right now. he might be able to shine some light on your problem. your ph in the right range? feeding her the same as the other widow?

3. what type of nutes are your running right now?

4. running the canna line. just following the light feeding chart. feeding them both roughly once a week. It's cold enough in there to not dry out

5. Looks like nute lock out, caused by either jacked up ph, salt build up, potassium toxicity locking out other elements, or imbalance in the nutrients you are giving them. The one on the right, if receiving the same feedings, appears to be eating it up. Sticking to a chart is very confining. Having a base profile is good, but you have to go with what the plant is telling you. It's hard to tell by the hps lighting, how pale yellow those leaves are. It certainly is deficient in nitrogen, although you want to leach out the nitrogen during flower and allow her to use up all available in her leaves, so that isn't so bad. She also looks deficient in magnesium. What I highlighted in red is a dead give away sign of magnesium deficiency. Se how it has yellowish veins, then surrounding the veigns is green and fades out into lime green or even yellow. Is that leafs edges crisper than the center of the leaf? I'd say that's a midgrade magnesium deficiency. The curling highlighted in green looks like a ph issue, since it is noted all over. Since it's 40 days in on a 56-63 day strain, I'd say give it straight ph water @ 5.5, about 1.5 times the size of the pot. Then feed her with no runoff. What exact canna products are you feeding right now and at what doses?

Attached Files:

• 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      722.4 KB
      Views:
  6. Nice reply yo. So are you saying there is a magnesium deficiency because there is a nute lockout, and so the medium needs flushing?

If I recall correctly, right now I'm feeding (per gal) 8ml canna A/B, 2ml rhizo, 8ml cannazym, 6-8ml boost, and i gave her a bit of PK13-14 last week.

3gallon pots, so about a gallon and a half each of nutes each per feeding

7. How much is a "bit" of PK 13/14? That may be your issue if the problems came around 1-3 days later. It might not be handling the pk shot as well as its sister on the right.

8. I believe it was 6mL. I just rinsed her with 5 gallons of Ph'd water. Should I feed her immediately after the rinsing, or wait until the morning? And should I refrain from giving her any more PK13-14?

9. Feed when lights are on, try not to feed when lights are about to go out. I'd feed tomorrow at lights on. As to the pk13-14, maybe a lighter dose. Possibly the excess potassium was locking out magnesium, just make sure your ph is correct, calibrate your pen.

10. is there any way to calibrate your pen without 7.01/4.01 solution? all i have is ph up/down :(

11. Distilled water is always 7.0, could use that as a starting point. One thing I stock up in is calibration fluid, because I have to calibrate like three times a week.

12. Well I think I found my problem..

i just bought a gallon of distilled water and my Hannah PH pen reads it at 4.5 pH.........

What should I do? it's gona take a while for my pH buffer solution to get here, probably about a week. is it certain that distilled is 7.0pH ? Should I calibrate my pen according to this ? Should I flush my plants again ? o_o

13. Does your pen calibrate on 7.0 and 4.0? I'd calibrate against it for now to get a better idea, at 4.5 you are feeding your plants acid :eek:.

Distilled is always 7.0, I figured it was a ph issue, almost always is...

14. he also said it was cold enough not to dry out. which could also cause nute lockout.