what's up with my plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by atsar, Sep 17, 2006.

1. hi,firstly i'll say hello to all and introduce myself,i'm stef from the uk,ok,to the point,i have this plant,first ever attempt,it's about 8 weeks old,around 8 inches high,i've been growing it under a 125 watt cfl,recently the leafs near the top have been turning really pale,almost yellow,and the side shoots are very pale also,i've had it outside the last couple of days as my bulb blew and i've decided on hps for my next one so i'm waiting for it to be delivered,anyway,any help would be very much appreciated
    thanks
    stef
    ps,i'd also be really greatful if some kind soul would be able to tell me it's sex from the pics i've attached,or if you need closer in ones etc,i can do some more
    stef

Attached Files:

2. cant really tell sex till first weeks of flowering, you say plant is 8 weeks old wot are u feeding this plant? wot type of soil are you using? are u in same pot u seeded in? pot looks very small i think.

3. look at your plant's nodes closely and see if you can find any little hairs or balls starting to form. if its hairs, congrats, you have a female. if its balls, congrats, you got some cannabutter.

if you still can't determine get in really close with your camera on the nodes and snap a few shots of different nodes and try to keep them as unblurry as possible.

4. soil is a mixture of compost,perlite,grit and sand,it was first planted into a 2 inch pot,and was moved into a larger one 6 inch,which it is still in,the fertilizer is just a general purpose one 7-7-7,the stems to the leaves were purple,but fertilizing seemed to resolve that issue

5. 7-7-7 im sure is not enough, im almost certain the first number should be higher than the the next two, wot strain do u have on the go ? and yeah u will see sacs on a male plant but not till your plant is bout 1 foot tall depending on strain.

6. you will also not see any signs of sex till light reaches equal darkness

7. not at all sure of strain weelynnie,it's a first attempt just to see if i can actually grow one or not,if it's successful,then i'll have a proper go

8. i would put that in a 5 gallon pot with best available nutrient soil mix, and puit under 18/ 6 until plant sees 1 foot tall then change to 15/ 9 for 5 last days of veg growth and move onto 12/ 12 give her some super thrive to help protect roots when transplanted, cant really help with soil mix only done rockwool sorry

9. so the lightening of the leaves is due to fertilizers then?and the pot being too small?i've been giving it 18 hours a day light,but like i say,my lamp bust,and new one aint being delivered till next week:(

10. i do have another fertilizer in the cupboard it's 10.6-4.4-1.7,would that be better?or are the latter numbers too low?

11. even a desktop lamp will do for at least the next week she be slower in veg growth but if thats all you got so be it put your plant under your lamp in evenings and place on on window ledge in daylight and keep under for 24 hours till your new bulb arrives

12. Dont use a desk lamp you plant will get lanky and start reaching for the bulb and your leaves will burn...
    Just keep doing what you been doing buy puting it outside all day till the light comes in..:)
    You may want to repot to a 3 gal pot,dont go over that because you dont know what it is?? dont want to waste all that soil for a male...;)

13. 7:7:7 will be fine - I used it and built up to double strength - worked okay and never any probs with over fert!

14. Purple stems is no big deal to worry about :)

That fert ur using - is it a liquid or time relase granules?

15. tis a liquid feed mixed with my water,would slow release pellets be a better option?

16. Nope - I'd steer well clear of the pellets m8 - you've got little control over what and when yer feeding em. The liquid stuff is much better. I'd flush through to clear any excess nute-age and dry out well, make sure she dries out almost completely each time before you water. :)

17. Yea, not sure what sort of deficency it is but it's is certainly lacking something.

As said earlier on in the thread just use some ferts like godiva said 7.7.7 should do fine, make sure it has micronutrients in it, as it could most likely be a magnesium or calcium deficency

18. It may help to read my thread on Mg and Epsom salts.

19. right,the fertilizer i've been using has the following analysis on the label
    nitrogen 7% (soluble in water)
    phospherous pentoxide 7%(soluble in water)
    potassium oxide 7%(soluble in water)
    magnesium oxide 0.02% (soluble in water)
    boron 0.0022% (soluble in water)
    copper 0.0016% (soluble in water)
    iron 0.007% (soluble in water and chelated by EDTA)
    manganese 0.0042% (soluble in water and chelated by EDTA)
    molybdenum 0.0014% (soluble in water)
    zinc 0.0014% (soluble in water and chelated by EDTA)
    and that's about it,any use?

20. I wrote you post #18 in response to this thread earlier. There is no indication that you have bothered to read it. Never mind, then. Just carry on ignoring the people who have taken the trouble to try and help you.