What's up with my little Willie?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by azfox, Aug 7, 2016.

1. I currently have a Willie Nelson (sativa) growing in my outdoor garden. Willie is developing weird spots of some type..don't see any bugs...they look healthy except for the little white splotches (very, very tiny) and I would like to get whatever it is under control. I've posted in the Sick Plants section of the forums, but absolutely NO response...I'll try here...
    My perts: Grown directly into the ground. Added 12-12-12 when they went into the soil in mid May. Soil was treated with horse manure and sand last fall, tilled in, and left to soak overwinter. Tilled up this spring, added perlite and potash along with the 12-12-12. Nothing else has been added up to this point! 2-3 gallons of well water 7.0....drip irrigation. Full sun from sun up to sun down. Protected from rain and most of the wind. 2 ceiling fans in the peak of the greenhouse (?) and a belt driven barrel fan to keep the air moving at a decent rate.
    Guess that's about it. I will be adding bone meal when they begin to flower.
    Here is a little picture of Willie, but not sure what is problem is. Any suggestions? I'm open to all, since I have no clue what is going on. I've searched the sick plant division on the forums and can't find anything similar. Scoured Jorge Cervantes Encyclopedia and nothing there either, unless I just missed it. Help!!! Anyone have any ideas? I can't wait on the other forum I guess! Thanks y'all! willie.jpg

2. Try a 6.7 or 6.8 ph. You want a hair on the acidic side to help break down nutes. But that's not the problem. It seems like bugs which is pretty normal outdoors. Don't worry. If the plant looks overall healthy and this is just a few leaves, just let her be. Try a barrier of organic pesticide around it so now crawlies can get to her. Could be the sunlight getting to them in which case they'll just produce more resin to protect themselves from the powerful uv rays :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks so much for the response canna! Keeping an eye out for any changes....all girls are very healthy and reaching for the stars tonight! Your help is greatly appreciated! :gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 1
  4. You're her own worst enemy.

Here is my star of the group. Just 16 days old from seed

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. She's a beauty! I've realized that growing is quite addictive! My girls are rocketing once again...seems every few days they 'grab another gear' and shoot skyward...I'm down there daily! Beginning to look like I need to do a bit of creative LST-ing....some are just one or two inches from the roof, so they have to be at least 14'...gonna be a busy Croptober! This is my second outdoor grow...doesn't take long to learn a lot from a first grow....it's all good! :gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 1
  6. oh man..my body cringed when i saw you tilled your soil. i used to do that and someone showed me the effects of tilling vs no til. but 14' damn man...

• Like Like x 1
  7. I may have to rethink tilling?! Didn't know it could cause issues! I'm still figuring things out, so if you have info, would you mind sharing? Looking for all the good info I can gather! Thanks darren reefnugs!

8. id say start in the no til thread in the organic section here..its what i did after a friend clued me in on no til. its super easy. i used 66% sunshine #4 33% compost...i used coast of maine lobster-good stuff but might not be avaliable in your area. then i use .5 cup of neem meal per cubic foot and 1 cup of "craft blend" from build a soil.com. this year i used epsoma plant tone and azomite as i was out of craft blend.

so far ive had to just water..ill top dress during flower to boost the buds.

then next year all i need to do is rip out the old stump, amend the soil with more compost and neem/nutes and plant right next to the old stump hole.

9. picture is not good quality/ but may be it is trichomes