What's up with Hydroponics?????????

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stoner_boy, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Whats up guys, i've been reading up on hydroponoics and there are two things that are really pissing me off Thats-

1. how do u plant plants into hydroponics. i mean when the seeds open up and they are reddy for planting how do you make them grow without any soil???? It's relly bugging me and i can't plant my plants into my bubblers until i've worked it out (the plants are in soil at the moment)

2.What's up with the whole nutriants and fertilizer stuff? I'm new too the game so i don't know alot and i don't have experinace so that doesn't help, but really whats it all about all i need is something to tell me what fertilizers and stuff are and how i use it.

Thanks alot guys i don't want to sound negative on the whole thing because i really want to get into hydroponics and grow some tasty bud.

Cheers lads and happy tokin

2. 1. how do u plant plants into hydroponics. i mean when the seeds open up and they are reddy for planting how do you make them grow without any soil???? It's relly bugging me and i can't plant my plants into my bubblers until i've worked it out (the plants are in soil at the moment)

its best to start the seeds or clones in a rockwool cube then put that in ur pot surounded by the clay pebbles etc. if ur plants have a full root system allready then the only way i can think of is to wash all the dirt off the roots then repot them in ur pebbles. a lot of work and if ur plants r bigish then it will stress them out and may not b worth it. mayb keep them as mothers and clone from them.

2.What's up with the whole nutriants and fertilizer stuff? I'm new too the game so i don't know alot and i don't have experinace so that doesn't help, but really whats it all about all i need is something to tell me what fertilizers and stuff are and how i use it.

all plants need to grow (root wise) is somthing 4 them to grow into and hold the plant up and let the roots get all the air, water and nutes they need. rockwool can hold somthing like 10 times the air and water that soil can so thats something like 10 times betta yeah? as ther is no soil 4 the plant to get its nutes from u gotta add these to the water. it takes time 4 the plants to leach nutes from soil but if they r in the water they r there str8 away. this means the plant can take up air water and nutes at an amazing rate, it also means if u get it rong the plant feels it at an amazing rate.

if ur new to growing then my advice is get into hydro asap. sum ppl wud say learn in soil 1st then try hydro but i say why learn to grow twice? its as easy to learn in hydro as in soil and soil can give u loads of probs that u will never get in hydro. salt build up, the soil running outta nutes, pot bound, over/under watering etc. u never get these probs in hydro. well mayb salt build up but changing ur water and running clear water over the rockwool/pebbles will sort that in a few mins.

the day will come when ppl 4get that we used to grow in soil indoors. hydro is a everyday thing now, not just 4 mj but also 4 house plants.

gud luck

3. In a typical 5 gallon bucket bubbler you have a net pot containing a grwo media. This media usuually consists of a rockwool or fiberglass type material. The seed or clone is first established in this media. You have to keep it wet until the roots grow on out and then dangle into the water in the bucket. Once the roots hit the aerated water, the plant will literally shoot off and grow.

If you grow hydroponically, you the grower are responsible for feeding all nutrients to your plant. Water has no nutrients or supplements in it like soil does. So you have to monitor the nutrient levels to ensure that sufficient food is available for the plant. That's why nute levels are evry important, becuase you can starve or burn a plant very very quick in a hydro grow.You also have to measure the pH of the water because certain nutes are avaialable in certain pH ranges. You need to find a fertilizer recipe for a fertilizer brand and live with it.