What's up with Canada?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BluePestilence, Jan 3, 2010.

1. #1 BluePestilence, Jan 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2010
    Just thought I'd open a discussion on Canadian politics.
    Harper prorogues Parliament - Nova Scotia News - TheChronicleHerald.ca

What do my fellow Canucks think about this? I mean, Bill C-15 is now dead (would've given mandatory prison sentences to pot related "crimes", 6 months for possession of any amount for example), but where does progress come in from restarting the system, for the 3rd year in a row I might add. Is Harper fucking serious? I can respect how he's playing the game, being a minority government and all. I can say I'd probably do the same thing. But Harper has been rubbing our people's faces in shit for so long, how is he still there? Ohh Canaduh, what will we do with you?:(

2. Steven Harper is an obvious conscienceless sociopath and megalomaniac who actually admires the US as it existed under the Bush administration. He worked for years for thinktanks that wanted to destroy medicare and other social programs. He appeals to the lowest common denominator of society. His power base, like the GOP in the US, is among the superstitious ignorami of the christian right and other vicious and nasty types. Give him a majority and we can expect prisons for profit and long sentences for minor crimes as in the US.

3. Just remember that conservative southern ignorant homophobic xenophobic racist biggoted strongholds like California and Maine rejected gay marriage.

4. oh man, i just want to have an election... now. i'm so tired of this guy. he is the least charismatic person in politics. i look into those cold eyes of his and all i see is a man who resembles a pedophile.

lol... regardless of what i think of his personality, stephen harper needs to go. i feel like canada has not really "gone anywhere" since the conservatives came back into power. and now that barack obama is president, we should elect jack layton and the two of them can smoke up together.

5. You reveal about your level of thinking and approach to politics.

You don't like the way he talks, and you don't like the color of his eyes... so you don't support him.

Nice substance there buddy.

6. #6 homostoner, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2010
    i wasn't trying to argue anything man, it was a joke.

edit: i hate when that happens. you don't even know me. you're judging me based on one post.

7. Just remember that we don't have to pay an arm and a leg just to fix up the arm.

He reveals nothing. You don't always have to be on the offensive. Sit, chat, stay a while, and assess the situation. Not everything is thrown out as an argument so stop trying to turn it into one.

I don't mind how he talks, charisma can be the achilles heal to uninformed voters, which I think makes up a majority anywhere. I've heard a lot worse.

And his eyes are just plain scary.
    http://bastardlogic.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/stephen-harper-kitten.jpg

But he sings good lol ;)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shU3SpWAzR0]YouTube - Oct 3rd, 2009 - CTV - Stephen Harper Plays The Beatles' " With a Little Help From My Friends"[/ame]

Anyways, the point is that he's not very competent at his job. Every time he encounters some friction with the opposition, he shuts the whole system down. This is the 2nd time in a year. Last year it was to avoid a vote of no-confidence (which triggers an election). This time it is to avoid investigations into the on going controversy of "Did the Conservatives know before hand that Afghan detainees would be tortured after being transfered into Afghan custody?"

I remember a couple of months ago, when opposition leader Micheal Ignatieff threatened another vote of no-confidence. Harper condemned this, of course, basically saying that it's too soon after the last election. That we can't play politics now, we have to get to work. Well you're doing a grrrreat job.

8. God, he pisses me off, I really want to meet some of these ppl who support him. I understand that the Dion was pretty shitty leader material if you will but really, is Harper that much better?

Anybody else notice how he never seems to talk to the people. Just saying. Ive like never seen him give an interview. He's been prime minister for like 3 years now, and i still dont trust him at all.

9. who would you vote for if there was an election tomorrow?

i very much consider myself a new democrat. i just turned 21, but i haven't voted in any elections yet. and if i were to guess based on pure stereotyping, i'd say most people on here would vote new democrat.

unless i'm wrong :D

10. by the way, that vid of him channeling ringo is just plain weird lol

although it actually makes him look human...

11. #11 BluePestilence, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2010
    We're thinking on the same page there friend:D We have Darrell Dexter as Premier here in Nova Scotia. I was actually sort of surprised when he was elected, but there was a really strong NDP movement in the southern counties. I just hope that it will spread to other provinces.:hello:

And yeah, the video is just plain ironic. He there singing about getting high, yet he was trying to give mandatory minimum sentences of 6 months for any MJ "crime".