What's this?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Funtogrow, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Thanks for helping my girl out and taking the time to read thru and give advice.

Strain: indica dom bagseed
    Soil: organic (my own compost, top soil mixed w/peat, grow stone, lime)
    Grow area: greenhouse/outside
    Light: 18+ hrs daylight currently
    Water/feed: mostly straight water, occasional molasses, kelp tea, one each top feeding bat guano and ewc. Water source is open hand dug well on my property ph's @ 6.5 +/-, ppm unknown (water source since the beginning). Only watering when pot is light.
    Temp/rh: not sure on night temps, daytime has been mid 70's. Rh fluctuates with weather, avg 65-75% in the mornings but on nice days drops down around 45-50% daytime.

She was just transplanted two days ago from a 20 litre air pruner to a 35 litre air pruner, the brown tips weren't there then, didn't notice them yesterday either. Soil mix was a touch hot but I've backed off my ratio of compost/top soil from 50/50 to 40/60. She does have some burn from the hot compost, but it didn't progress into anything to worry about so I just made the ratio adjustment to try and compensate maybe I need to back off more...

These two leaves on the top are brown/yellow on the tip of newer growth and this is the only leaves showing this. Could this be burn again since she just got fresh soil or is this a deficiency?

JC def 7-13 1.jpg JC def 7-13 2.jpg

Overall health looks good other than those two leaves and a little burn.
    JC 7-13.jpg
    JC nute burn 7-13.jpg

I'm not overly concerned but definitely keeping an eye on her for any more leaves changing or these progressing. My other plant (also indica dom bagseed/same age/same soil) was also transplanted at the same time and is looking really good and healthy.

2. I'd be potting up again

this babe is gonna get taller

this time add some perlite or sand(20-30%) to the soil and yeah

it was the molasses that did it

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm not going to argue over the use of molasses, but last time you mentioned not to use it as it causes problems I stopped and that was over two weeks ago so I'm not convinced the molasses is the culprit here. I'm thinking more the compost ratio needs to be cut again, I really need to get a test kit and just test the damn compost and see how hot it really is.

I agree on the up potting again, this 35 litre that I just put her in is the biggest from this company so I'm trying to decide which way I want to go.

Grow stone is a perlite alternative, I mix the compost/top soil and let it cook, then when I prep for transplanting or potting I mix that soil mixture with grow stone 60/40, so I'm at 40% growstone.

• Like Like x 1
  4. And thank you for your input. Damn I'm bad about getting that short little sentence, that means so much, put in my replies. :thankyou:

• Like Like x 1