what's this??

Discussion in 'General' started by jdub92524, Mar 24, 2013.

1. I was looking around this new place I got and seen this sticker on one of those new PG&E smart meters. Anyone ever seen this before?

ForumRunner_20130324_021448.png

2. They mostly come at night
    mostly

3. Lmao thats pretty much what i figured. Ive never seen one before but also have never looked. I figure it's probly on alot of new ones

4. That's fuckin' scary and should be illegal...
    Although, how much privacy do we actually have?

5. #5 BP to the DP, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
    Looks like cctv, so that means video cameras and microphones somewhere in or around the house.

6. I know what it says and means but there's nothin like that anywhere on the property. Unless they really think there's somethin goin on and would actually like bug the walls or somethin. Idk i just seen it and it confused me. Thought maybe it could be there because of the smart meter

7. Looks like a security company sticker. Previous owners probably used this company and got free stickers and yard signs... Not really a lot of places to put those stickers. I highly doubt homeland security actually has cameras in your house or anything.

8. Cameras and microphones wouldn't be right out in the open, painted bright pink, with a sign pointing to it saying "CAMERA HERE -----》" :laughing: that should would be hidden well.

Besides CCTV isn't broadcasted. Its Closed Circuit. So the cameras were most likely outside for the previous owners to see who is on their property or at their door.

9. Ya it's a property i just started renting. Not sure why a renter would put the sticker there if they actually were recording i would think you'd want that to be a secret. And not sure why the landlord or owner would just film the property. Unless there just really weird and easily paranoid? Or why it's a homeland security sticker

10. Because security companies give you the tickers even of you don't have security cameras. Most people don't have cameras but all the signs will say they do.

11. What does it look like inside the box. Only way to tell what it is is to open it.

12. I don't have the tools to open it lol. But it looks like a box that's covering wires that go to the smart meter