Whats this ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tyrell, Jan 3, 2013.

1. is this male or female.. everything is starting to show sex.. ive already tossed 3 males that i could clearly tell there were little clusters of pods.. im down to 3 plants and this is the newest one... is it female ?

Attached Files:

2. Sadly I would guess male.The funny part is the pic is great except the blur on the actually spot you want us to look =).There no guarentee I'm wright so wait till your positive.

But for me it looks to round.You'll know soon enough.Stripped ball your a male,but if that thing spits hairs out the end your in...

3. striped ball ? maybe i need to get a better magnifiying glass... my camera on my phone is 11 MP but sometimes its hard to get it to focus on the spot you want.. kept wanting to focus on my finger behind the plant...

im gonna get the DIY micro pic thingy here as soon as the dollar store opens up and ill reupdate...

4. Yea the male sacks will have like light yellow stripes.

5. #5 PancakesHouse, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2013
    Back to school for you.
    ..and xDisciplex for not recognizing the plants stipule. Please don't give advice if you don't know yourself.

[​IMG]

6. so back to school for Disciple cause he said it was probably a male.. i take it that its female then ?

7. #7 TygTalaj, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2013
    Looks like a new branch to me. :)
    The outer leafy things are stipules as mentioned above. Between the leaf's stipules three things can grow; if there are two hairlike things, its female; droopy balls are male; little baby leaves are a new branch at that 'axil'.

8. ForumRunner_20130104_013612.png

ForumRunner_20130104_013632.png

What about this... that looks lije balls to me... ?

9. Those last two pics are definitely male IMO

10. I'm sorry guys, but these posts are hilarious out of context.

11. #11 xDisciplex, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013

WTF are you talking about?Theres clearly a sex organ showing in the first Pic.

And by the last 2 pics definately its a male.Like I said.

What now smart guy?

12. Not it's a male Like I said.

Sorry man.

13. #13 xDisciplex, Jan 4, 2013

You,and pancakehouse need to look at the pic before speaking.

In the first picture theres clearly a huge branch there,and a stipule on the OTHER side of the MALE part.

Attached Files:

14. Looks like a leaf

15. That plant has nuts!!! :eek:

16. #16 PancakesHouse, Jan 4, 2013

Yeah? I can show you that very same pic on a 100% fem plant i harvested. now what.

Take a look at this plant. "balls" right? No. New growth. So don't send me butthurt PMs.
    [​IMG]

17. #17 xDisciplex, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
    Pancake your a fool that looks nothing like the other pic.

Face it you made a fool of yourself.

That plant obviously has 2 pistols sticking out as well.No wondering if its a female there.

Bad job~

18. Just goes to show that determining the sex of a young plant is not as easy as you would think at the beginning. Give the plant a few more days and you'll be able to tell us.

Personally I think the second set of pics show male characteristics, but I would wait until I knew. The leaves I'm seeing look strong and healthy, and it would be a pity to end its life because it wasn't a few days older.

Submitted for your approval,
    Tyg

19. #19 Doc-J, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
    That is a full blown male, or hermie at best. That is not new growth in the second pics. There is already a side branch coming off at that node, and branches don't grow in pairs.

20. [quote name='"PancakesHouse"']

Yeah? I can show you that very same pic on a 100% fem plant i harvested. now what.

Take a look at this plant. "balls" right? No. New growth. So don't send me butthurt PMs.
    [/quote]

No that is new growth as you already know. Notice that the growth on each side is singular, and there is no branch at the node. It compares nothing to the pic tyrell posted. His second set clearly shows two balls together, in a place where there is already a side branch.

It is funny that you are acting like everyone else on this site is an idiot, when a few months ago you couldn't even sex your own plant.