whats this ball worth?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by astro_righteous, Sep 13, 2010.

1. my dad had this ball wrapped up in a bank money bag in a box he had a bunch of other old shit in.

well he died about 21 years ago and i found it in the attic a while back but then kinda lost track of it til recently when my mom moved back in with me.

so i pull it out of a box and i start looking harder at it and looking up the names on the ball. to figure out when it was signed. heres a few

micky mantle
    roger maris
    mel stottlemyre
    yogi berra
    and 15 others

i narrowed it down by looking at the rosters of when these people played and im very positive its a 1964 yankees ball.

its slightly gotten that older ball look but its still nice looking. but the clincher is that the signatures are just faded a bit. still very visible but just lighter than what they should be.

just wondering if any one could tell me about how much it could fetch?

2. Pics would be helpful in determing value - the condition of the ball and the signatures, is pretty important. Also it would need to be verified by a third party authentication but according to Wiki-answers it's worth between $600 and $800. Honestly I think that's a bit low, since a few of the guys are no longer with us (though Mantle was a PROLIFIC signer).

WikiAnswers - What is the value of a 1964 New York Yankees Team signed baseball

I think at auction with the right buyers you might be able to get $1000 or more, but again it depends on the condition of the ball and the autos.

3. thats what i figured cuz i had seen a few balls similar to mine that were in decent condition that were selling for about 1200 on average but since mine i know isnt as great because the names are faded a bit that i would be lucky if i got 1000.