What's the Worst Injury You've Ever Had?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by dudickle, Apr 24, 2010.

1. I just fucked my knee up pretty bad a couple of days ago. All I really know right now is it's not broken, I've got an appointment with an orthopedist on Wednesday. This whole experience got me thinking, and I'm curious, what is your worst injury?

2. Slashed in the face, 7 stitches.
    Punched in the face with knuckle dusters, broken nose.
    Hit with a metal chain, 2 stitches.

My bad if it was meant to be sport-related injuries.

3. Nah, it's all good.

4. Ruptured my L4 disk. There was a one week period where I was basically paralyzed with pain. I laid on the floor bc my bed was too soft. Had to have my dad and brother carry me to the bathroom, it was miserable.

Worst part though is that it will never fully heal. There is no blood flow to the region, so no new cells are transported to the area. Only thing you can do is keep your core and back strong so there's less verticle pressure on it, so the fluid doesn't seep out and pinch a nerve.

5. Second time I got jumped. Dislocated left shoulder, broke two of my fingers, and had cuts, and stitches all across my neck, and some on my face. I got retaliation with a brick since originally it was 4vme. So then it was me & brick vs 2 of the people. That's why in every thread with violence I recommend a brick:metal:

6. Torn ligaments in my ankle. Still fucked up. Did it playing basketball in October, just thought it was areal bad sprain. Messed it up a bunch of times after. Going to hafta get surgery this summer. AWESOME-no bball, running, swimming, anything really all summer:(

7. Yeah, that's exactly what summer is gonna be like for me. I had just gotten back into playing shape too.

8. Torn ligament in my shoulder. Ruined my throwing arm, and with it my football career....Lol I'm gonna be one of those bitter old men looking back at the football career that was taken from me...

[​IMG]

9. i died once.

10. I've never broken a bone, save for two toes on my right foot.

I took a .22 LR to my ass cheek many years ago, a story which I've described in other threads... not something I would want to go through again, but definitely memorable.

:p

11. I've actually never broken a bone or sprained anything...

The worst injury I've ever had was probably when I was a baby and I decided to go play in the red hot coals of a dying campfire...

I need to go fight a tiger or something...get some battle scars.

12. Collapsed lung

13. I feel you, its gunna blow. Good luck with your recovery.

and stay class lol, if I could rep you for that pic I would, too much given out, but I'll getcha mang:D

14. I took out a big chunck of my shin when I tried jumping on a brick wall. Before the blood started filling in, It looked like little white puffy dots or something...

15. I appreciate it man. Good luck to you too. Hopefully we'll find something to do this summer.

16. Tore the 3 ligaments in my left ankle. Luckily I didn't need surgery. I was able to go to physical therapy 2/3 days a week for a year. But its still not the same. I can't stand on it as long, its not as flexible, and its slightly bigger than my right ankle, because of the scar tissue.

But hey- at least I can walk still.

17. doing a heavy squat, went down low, tore lower back muscle....

chronic pain since, it sucks so bad

18. ice hockey game last october. checked a guy and he cross checked me with his stick as i hit him.took all the force on my right forearm. broke my wrist, shattered the outter forearm bone in two places, and broke the inner bone in one place. it was so bad, the outter bone was actually inside the break of the inner bone. at the hospital, to set it, they had to pull my arm until the bone slid out of the other bone, then squeeze it till it was close to straight. 4 days later after the swelling was somewhat gone i had surgery and had plates put on both bones. 23 screws total. 12 in one bone, 11 in the other. it was too shattered to get the last screw to grip lol. lost all feeling from a few inches above my wrist down to my fingertips.

its been about 9 months, and i can almost feel all my hand now. whenever i do heavy weights, i can feel the screws pulling. it sucks.

oh and when i got hit, i had butterfly stitches on my forehead for a 2" gash. apparently when we collided our heads hit. i had a consussion and severely fucked arm. the other kid was literally knocked out on the ice. lol

19. worst was probably breaking both my wrists at the same time

most painful was detaching a testicle

20. Strained my lumbar, then as it was ALMOST healed and fully recuperated, re-strained doing a butterfly stretch it and blew it (Sitting kinda like lotus position, with feet touching, and went from nose to ground to back of head to ground in one explosion of pain), so now it's never gettin' better, it's just gonna be not as bad. Hurts a lot, sometimes, other times I don't even remember it's hurt. Never know when it'll act up.

Or maybe when I was little, when I took a 2-4 to the head from some drunk guy so hard I hit the ground, saw red, and then blacked out. Not sure how bad that one was, I was little and subject to head trauma haha. I still have a little circle of "floating skull". It's weird haha.