Whats the smallest grow bust?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sybo, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Anyone know of pot busts with less than 5 plants? Just curious.

2. yea but thats only because the person told too many people (1 is too many) and they snitched... it happens all the time just dont tell anyone

3. aside from snitching, what about helicopters?

i wonder if there have been any busts on record with something like a 150 watt hid or 250 or something

4. i doubt it but im no bust expert..... we dont really have helicopters because we dont have big fields or anything where i live its in the city so...

5. Small indoor grows are apparently your safest bet, as long as no-one is sharing your building that isnt in on it lol. A partition in your garden shed would do nicely [if you have a garden shed, or garden for that matter]. Basically:

Dont tell anyone

Use carbon scrubbers and filters to cover the smell before venting air

Do it in a confined space, like an old fridge or a closet

Avoid being reclusive, neighbours may notice things like this.

Good luck man.

6. Doesnt using that helicopter equitment need a warrent? even if i did the stupid pig would still use it

7. Hiya, unfortunatly i was told a nugget of info that made me shit myself in an instant. NOTE TO ALL UK GROWERS, Police helicopters have heat signiture video cameras as do the RAF airforce, between the two agencies they exchange info on possible growers. I think ur ok with a closet grow up to 600w as it looks like a water heater, but if your room is 9ftx9ft with 6x600w i would pack it in now and find an industrial unit to rent.

Edit: My local towns newspaper was reporting a door a day on growers, i see the photos of a few of them, they were all big rooms/houses that were getting busted. Nothing said bout hobby growers.

8. They can't detect an indoor grow-up or 100-250W, since there are household incandescent bulbs that are 150W and they aren't for growing but put off as much heat, or nearly as much. That, and it's been ruled unconstitutional for the cops to scan your house for heat signatures like that without a warrant.

I imagine there have been busts of only a single plant before.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Best place to grow is close to your boiler cupboard as that way the heat source is in one place,as if u had 2 big diffrent heat sources in one house it looks to obvious. its worked for us:)

10. interesting. just gettin wigged out. 2 weeks into flowering. helicopter flew over the apt building last night, but im in a city, so there is one in the air at all times for the most part. but i just happened to be awake at 3 am when one flew over. no blinking light on it or anything, it just zoomed by basically.

i have 3 plants, in a cupboard, 250 watt hps setup.. nothin huge, but im getting a strong urge to just tear them all down right now and just cook the thc outta all of em.

11. dont even worry about that puny 250 watter I would only worry if you go past 1000 watts of light not saying I would go that far the highest I'll go is a 600 wattt

12. cool.. you guys eased my paranoid mind. thanks all

13. lol my buddy got busted for one dying plant. his bro and bro/inlaw got in a fight and the cops got called, my buddy lives at home, and pays rent. he wasnt at home. no one invited the cops in to the house or gave them permission to go in his room, which hes the only one able to give permission goin into his room cause he pays rent. can you say illegal search and seizure? they found the plant and his lights by going in his room without permission or probable cause. after he got home and the cops told him they found it, he gave them permission to search. the only thing they found after they had permission was his bong and a gram of some nlight. his hearings tommorow so hopefully it goes well. the felony should be dropped. god damn small town cops:mad:

edit- and when i say dying i mean the plant was pitifull. it was 1 foot tall maybe with only 4 sets of fan leaves.

• Like Like x 1