What's the security like on Amtrak carry on baggage ? Should I be worried ?

Discussion in 'General' started by Werbenjagerman, Jan 30, 2013.

1. #1 Werbenjagerman, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
    So smitty is new to this so sorry if thread is in the wrong section or out of guidelines . Smitty wants to go on a trip to vegas with 3 buddies , the problem is smitty lives on the east coast lets say PA . Smitty plans this trip to be around September . Should smitty be worried about himself and his friends being checked/searched/dogs . And smitty plans on bringing another substance other then marijuana . Smitty plans to bring 7 grams if possible since he is in vegas for 7 nights . And please no "why would smitty risk it answers" . Just want honest straightforward answers . Smitty was planning on incasing in wax inside the bottom of peanut butter jar . Reminder smittys friends r just like smitty except 1 . Smitty knows he can find info on other threads but smitty wanted an updates opinion . Hopefully someone travelled recently .

Smitty is traveling via amtrak and will b stopping in 5 cities. Plane trip back but plan on having no worry items .

2. Smitty is traveling via amtrak and will be stopping 5 times along the way are bags checked every time ?

3. Smitty's gonna get arrested.

4. i traveled amtrak about 4 years ago last time and had no checks nothing. idk how it is nowadays

5. Smitty must be very very very careful

6. Here's just a little story that happened recently. A couple dudes took the train, and were busted with 23 kgs of weed. I'm assuming you'll be bringing personal amounts ? I see no issue in that. Stash it well and you'll be fine. Maybe bring some edibles.

7. Smitty gon' die

8. smittywerbenjagermanjensen :)

9. no i would not worry...depends where on the line you are boarding. now the subway, thats a different ride right there.

10. Wrap it up good. You will be fine dont gotta use that smitty shit.

11. Is this smitty character you OP?

12. Who and what the fuck is Smitty?

God damn smitty.

13. SWIM thinks it's the OP

14. Smitty is one crazy mawfuka

15. your going to vegas... never been but i can imagine itd be pretty easy to find said substances.... that being said... why the fudge would you risk prison time to bring it yhourself when youll have no prob getting it anyway.
    i know you said not to post any of this crap... but i had to put my 2 cents

16. Smitty decided to switch to the greyhound route ,, :eek:

17. They don't check your bags unless you check them in... a few weeks ago I took my pistol onboard (locked in a small gun safe of course in my bag) wasn't planned it was my only option. If you have or can buy some sort of mini safe put it in there

18. I think smitty made a good choice

19. tell Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen that I traveled via amtrak about two years ago, one stop, took a day, and my bag was not checked, nor did I see a dog. I didn't have anything illegal, though, and I only had a carry on bag, no checked luggage.

20. last year I took amtrak all the time to and from school. Only once did I see a dog, and it was the one time I was transporting the same amount actually. God must've been there that day, and I felt extremely lucky. After that I never did it again, be careful.

It was fine every other time though btw. Just the one time I wanted to- and it was only when I walked off the train he was chilling there.