Whats the secret?

Discussion in 'General' started by Even Ganja, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Dudes and dudettes, honored members of a stoned clan:
    I am on a quest, and I have asked this question to merely thousands, yet no one knows. (Much like the general knowledge towards the whole universe within our beloved Cannabis!)

There's always alot of BS concerning the facts about our green godess, but one "fact" annoys me alot. THC is established as one of many psychoactive substances in Cannabis, and I LOVE IT!
    But, and here comes the punch; "they" always proclaim that it (THC) is ONE of maaany psychoactive substances. Recently I saw a anti-drug organization that claims there to be 420(!) psychoactive substances, including thus the THC...

My eagerly question to all of you lifelovers, is this: Does anyone know what the other psychoactive substances are?
    I've asked scientists, antiorganizations, preachers, doctors, politicians, members of the human race, and I am running out of intelligent species to contact. (The aliens keep steeling my stash, so I stopped consulting them.)
    Now I am asking you here, the High members of Grasscity forum, and I certainly hope you have the wit the rest of the world needs.

I would much appreciate the truth to be known, if it is out there.

BTW: I am a Norwegian toker, trying to save the world as we never knew it.
    I own the largest Cannabisforum in Norway, and enjoy the daily battle against political stupidity. Did I mention that my name really are Ganja? (I changed it in 2001, proud to be one of three persons in the world with that excellent name. It is also a village in Russia, and a MV ship, among of course what we all know it to be.)

Yup. That is kinda all - for now.
    Hope you all have a perfect day, and toke up for me.
    Keep it high, brothers and sisters.

-ganja+

2. I have no idea. Excellent question though.

3. Some information.

4. oh damn I'm hammered at the moment, but I'm sure that there's maybe CBN or CBD or maybe both, like I said I'm smashed......and it's 02.28am here..........think they're the other psychoactive chemicals, although for more of a couch lock........THC is the most visual..........see what all these anti weed stats always say is that there are say 420 chemicals in weed and only 220 in tobacco, but they don't state that of the 220 most are bad for you, compared to nearly none of the 420...............ait's all spin!!!.........Peace out......Sid

5. ^^^ Im almost positive theres CBN and CBD, But from what ive read/heard those are more the couch lock buzz's, Where ass high THC are more trippy.

6. From Erowid's vault:

" (-)-[delta 1]-3,4-trans-tetrahydrocannabinol (most active cannabinoid)
    (-)-[delta 6]-3,4-trans-tetrahydrocannabinol
    tetrahydrocannabitriol (aka cannabitriol)
    cannabidiolic acid
    cannabidiol
    cannabinol (forms after plant dies)
    THC acids A and B (inactive unless smoked)"

are the main psychoactive chemicals in Cannabis.

7. I havent been sick in like 8 months+ and I smoke bud, so supposedly is weakens your immune system. Well I seem to prove that wrong.

8. your name is ganja? thats AWESOME
    +rep

9. Thanx alot, for all attention towards this problem.
    Though, it is still a couple of substances left to be mentioned, we have now the total of 11.
    It is my greatest belief that the remaining 400+ active chemicals are either Top Secret, that only Harry J. Anslinger and his crew of misfits knew, or that it just are another example proving the high level of absolutely BS-facts that are created to scare us users from "abusing narcotics"/enjoying the good life.
    The antidrug organizations even created a demon god for Cannabis, and its worshipping name is Moloch, did you know? Geesus...

It still dissapoints me that we in these days of supposedly evolution still have to listen to the incredible lies and pure crap concerning the most useful plants known to us. Will it ever sease to amaze?

But keep the information flowing, there must be someone that knows more about the list of alledgedly chemicals, otherwise we need to stop this lie from continuing.

MajinX: Yes, I am the proud owner of that wonderful name, the full name being Even Ganja Helland. 34 yrs. old, and a toker on the 17th year now. Still living high and mighty.
    Life on the green branch are absolutely the main way to go!

Dark_Angers: Indeed, the Cannabis has kept me healthy for the longest time. As long as I keep my weed growing both in and outside my body, theres no sign of any flu or other sneesing diseases. It sure stimulates the immunesystem, I can promise you!

Higgy, KeepSmokinReefa, sidious and primetime21335; thanx alot for the answers.
    The rest of you: keep searching for the truth.
    And join in on the forthcoming WWMM!

Ave Cannabis.
    -ganja+

10. ok here is what i know of the top of my head, i didnt read the other so repeat info i possible

ive heard weed has about 315 chemicals in it. ive heard it has over 400, (though 420 is a myth) but the most common ive seen is 315. not all them are psychoactive by any means.

im not sure on this in entirety, but i know when a plant is mature, and cut and hung to cure, the thc levels are very low, and so the curing actually converts other, at the time not thc, alkaloids, into active thc. same thing goes for if you put your bud in the oven for a few mins to crisp it (i garuntee, just search on how to do it and try it once) anyways, the more thc there is is directly related to how high you get. i do not know if anything besides thc in there gets you actualyl high, but i do know that some of the other chemical have the chane to be converted into thc, through drying, or even burning when you light it.

edit: hey man i just read your last post... not to be a dick, but are you kidding, or jokng, or what? i cant tell really. i mean there are 300+ chemicals in there sure, but not all of them do something, and that many chemicals only sounds bad to the masses, to people who have a base level knowledge of chemistry "chemicals" doesnt really mean a whole lot... to many people jsut think of it as some toxic posion, when there are 100s of chemicals in everyday foods, just everything. so yes it is true there are tons, and furthermore, not all of them really have to "do" anything. like they dont all have an influence on your trip or body. put it this way. pure thc will get you high.

-hey all, i might sound like an ass in the end here when im wrong, but im calling this guy out. all this info is readily available, and with the except of some huge website and info ban in greece, which i dont think they are like that, this guy has done no research. i mean he changed his name to ganja? cool if he did, but i think he fucking with us, because anyone with a computer could of found the complete answer in an hour, and some facts in seconds. i mean i know some of the top of my head... so who is this dude? he owns a weed forum? ive got questions...

11. and you didn't think to try erowid? It's linked incessantly on every drug forum I've read.

lol wut

12. Heh.
    Fractal, a known sideeffect is indeed the paranoia.
    My search is everlasting as a cause of my research; I cannot find the mentioned couple-o-hundreds of psychoactive chemicals. All I have found are these already mentioned, and if noone can put the list down, I'm going for proving that the rest of the unmentioned are just alot of tactical and unworthy propaganda. I am asking for a complete list, because I am tired of the antidrug using the amount of psychoactive chemicals as if it were a bad thing, you know?
    I have searched the internet, and I've asked all over for further information, but no one knows. You claim that this is easy to find for anyone with a computer? OK, do so then.
    I am not trying to confuse you with my litterate fucking, I am curious and doubtful to the truth in this particular myth.
    The mentioned so far, are as you say the ones that are well known.
    So, the question remains: What are the others, and how come there is no mentioning of them anywhere?
    Yes, I changed my name to Ganja, and yes I have a forum (http://www.norcan.org/forum/). Any questions you might have, I'd be happy to answer.
    Keep it high, Fractal!

bert_mcgirt: I've tried Erowid, first by searching their database, then by mail. The question remains, and no mail where ever answered. They are a great resource, and alot can be learned, but even they haven't the answer to this. (I see now that they have upated their info, and there are 40-something on a list, but there's still a long way to the 315/400/420 or a complete list of the chemicals in Cannabis.)
    So yeah, whut? Keeping it high?
    Recommended.

-ganja, hunting+

13. ok here. you got confused

there is at least one psycoactive chemical (thc) in weed. there are others that convert into thc during its lifecycle, at most there might be 10 that are actually psycoactive

there are 315(+) chemicals in weed. that has nothing to do with how many are psycoactive

you got those 2 confused, i mean a common affect of the herb is confusion, so it makes sense ;)

no one was trying to trick you, you tricked yourself.

they do use the amount of chems to make it seem bad and unatural, but that only gets people who have 0 chemical knowledge. the # means nothing, but ive never heard anyone say they are all psycoactive. and let me tell you, i do enough research each day, so i dont feel the need to research a list of chems to comfirm a common known fact that you just confused.

edit: whats the deal homie? you have a forum, the name ganja, yet you got confused by some propaganda and think every 300+ chemical is psycoactive, and on top of that couldnt surf the web for a bit? there is a reason you can only find a list of 7 or so pyscoactives, most chemicals in things are pretty useless...

ok here, ill add to your list of chemicals in marijuana. be wary though, this is a simple chemical, but is often found in abbundance, people have been known to, unbeknownenst of the dangers, overdose on it. it is a common everyday chemical and should be kept away from children do to it being one of the most powerful and commercially used solvents known to man...

its water

i dont know why i layed it out like that, but just to show you chemical #s dont mean anything and people can twist science to confuse people.

basically there is a handful of things in weed that get you high, the rest, are worthless, so dont waste your time dude, at best youll get a big list of things like: water, chlorifil, nitrogen, phosphorus...

14. Well, Fractal, I am not the confused. Or, ok, alotta the time I am actually confused, I'll admit that, but not as a resolt of this, rest assured.
    As mentioned I'm trying to prove the antidrug organizations wrong, as THEY are the ones using this as an arguement.
    The 420 (must be irony, ey?) psychoactive substances are also a claim by these morons, and it would be beautiful to have it in an detailed listing of compounds found within Cannabis.
    And yeah, I tried asking them too, but they never answer any question that deliberatly goes towards their well figured "facts". It is my strong belief that anyone who are against Cannabis surely cannot know what they are talking about. Almost everyone who tries Cannabis likes it, a strange event indeed.

But thanx alot for the answer and the discussion, Fractal. I think we could have a pleasant talk over a few bonghits and a calm fire somewhere in Area 51, if chances let us. Keep it high, yeah?

-ganja+

15. The answer to your "eagerly" question was found on erowid. Whatever the number is (315/400/wtfever), that's the total number of chemicals, not the psychoactive ones. As stated before, the number of chems doesn't really mean anything; it's used as a scare tactic.

16. Thanx for that, Bertie.
    Again, I am trying to find the complete list that the antidrugmorons claim to have, as they use it to argue against legalizing Cannabis. If the whole and complete list from Erowid (and Co.) are the only reliable one, I'll rest my case with that.
    I am perfectly happy with my toking no matter what there might be in Cannabis. They are not, and that makes me even more happier.

Now, enjoy the remains of this beautiful weekend and if you light one up, make it for Marc.

I've got to add this; as a Norwegian high citizen it might be difficult for me to say/write the correct words to make myself clear. If this could be apologized, I surely would.
    Hope you get the meaning, though.

Ave Cannabis.

-ganja+