Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's the real way to take a hit?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by OuTLaW1986, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Are you supposed to suck the smoke in, or are you supposed to breathe it in?

I'm thinking that breathing it in is more efficient since you're really getting it in there, but am I wasting weed by not sucking hard thus possibly getting more smoke for a bigger hit? Am I just thinking too much? lol

2. People have ALWAYS told me that when I breathe my hits in, I'm doing it wrongly and insisted that I hit it by taking the smoke in my mouth then inhaling the smoke.

You know what I tell them?

"BITCH, I am high!"

3. I imagine there's not much of a difference between the two, just like with car transmissions, it's up to your personal preference.

4. i do a combo of both, when i first start hitting the bowl i suck the smoke into my mouth, then after 2-4 secs i inhale it straight into my lungs for 2-4 secs then i take a fresh breathe of air before exhaling and that usually gets me the biggest hit

5. i just breathe it in nice n' deep like! :bongin:

my favorite is when people smoke and puff their cheeks up like a chipmunk as they hold their hit in.... I just find it funny. :D

6. dude really dont suck it into your mouth first and let it chill there...... fuckk thats awful even faster way to ruin yo damn teeth...

just breath it in man like ur smokin a cig or somthin but big hits

7. if you can take a big ass hit, and then talk for liek 20 seconds with out any smoke coming out, then blow out a massive cloud of smoke after ur done with a sentence, ur doing it right

practice that

8. Lol. but you have to talk in that funny stoner-with-smoke-in-lungs voice.

9. that depends on your lung capacity and how much you fill them up..

10. You tell OP not to hold it in their mouth so it doesn't ruin their teeth, but then tell them to hold it in their lungs for 20 seconds?!?!!? Something is wrong here.... And 20 seconds is maaaajor over-kill.

11. it also depends what you smoking out of. if you're toking out of a bong, of course you're just going to be breathing in rapidly the entire time (at least semi-rapidly)

if you're smoking out of a joint, I find it best to smoke it like a cig. by this I mean just pull it into your mouth and then breathe the smoke in. repeat until you want to cough, and hold it in for a few seconds... then exhale.

So god do i go to heaven now for helping someone learn how to smoke?

12. actually I'm not really asking about how to inhale inhale, but the best method to smoke like whether sucking hard with your lips or just plain breathing it in. Because I just recently got sick with bronchitis and got an inhaler from the doctor. The instructions to use the inhaler was to breathe in the medicine like you're yawning or something like that to get it good in your lungs. I was thinking maybe with weed its the same thing

13. It's up to you.

I like breathing it in because I can take bigger hits.