Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Whats the purpose in grinding your weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BobbyBlaze, Jan 6, 2009.

1. i just rip my weed into pieces, whats the point of grinding it?

2. kief

if you break up bud and roll a blunt and grind up bud and roll the blunt you would most likely like it grinder up better

but im not grinder expert im sure some other blade will have more input

3. You can pack more herb into your bowl, easier to roll into jays and blunts, and with a nicer grinder you can catch kief

4. imo its just way easier and does a more efficient job faster...it makes rolling alot better and makes it easier to pack a nice tight bowl:D

5. not only can you collect kief from your grinder, but sometimes when you have a really dense bud its just easier.

6. Makes rolling easier (for some at least, including me) and it allows you to pack fatter bowls that will burn more evenly and easily, and are generally easier to corner because of that.

7. it also breaks up any points that could later cause a rip in a j while youre rolling it, i know that happened to me a few times when i didnt have a gridner and had to break it up by hand

8. If you have alot of sticky shit, trust me, grinding will save you having to take forever to pick it apart which means more time to stoke :smoking:

9. exacly dude you can get kief, which is like hash almost and not only that. grinding is alot faster and more precise then breaking up bud.:smoking:

10. Plus it makes it hella-easier to get seeds and stems out.

11. Kief and convenience.I let my kief build up for about 2 months and it presses into a nice, clean chunk of hash

12. You don't get your fingers all sticky
    Faster
    Easier
    Get Kief
    Don't lose valuable bud
    more budin the bowl
    many more

13. Don't forget a bowl packed with ground weed usually means it'll roll the whole way through, meaning less torching and less waste. Plus it just hits waaay smoother, grinders are up there with hitters for required stoner-ware.

14. Sorry for sounding like a total noob but what is Kief and what exactly am I supposed to do with it

15. Grinding is way faster and better than hands.

16. #16 jhchawk, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    `

17. Kief is all that leftover stuff you get from grinding bud in a grinder.

Not only does ground up bud do all of the above stuff mentioned but it also burns slower

18. #18 jhchawk, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    `

19. I use to grind, but to be honest, I felt lazy not doing it with my hands and I prefer it that way. No grinder is better than these hands :smoking:

20. kief is basically fallen trichomes off the weed that are typically caught through a screen in your grinder(if you have one with a kief catcher). These trichomes or crystals as many call them have a high concentration of THC in them. You would usually coat a bowl or something with some kief on top. it makes it taste really good in my opinion. :smoking: