What's the point of this bump on most bowls?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by jakeekaj18, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Where the arrows are pointed in the picture...

Attached Files:

2. place to rest your thumb incase the bowl gets too hot

3. So your thumb doesn't have to touch the hot bowl, it can rest on the nice glass ball thing.

4. Ribbed for her pleasure.

5. You use it to point up at the sun and let it reflect upon the world to represent the sky Gods.

6. It can also be a place to put sick little workings. I have a local blown piece similar to those but the glass ball has like 10-15 colored points/pillars in there, looks sick.

7. if you keep it clean its a perfect place to grow a tiny civilization, the flame from your lighter will heat it and help it grow and you can watch them worship you as you toke

8. that only has one bump my bowl has 8 little ones

9. 8 little bumps? Son, those are nipples! Suck on 'em to get some milk out

10. lol lol lol great +rep i call her 8 ball or gasoline the color change looks like the colors in gas when its on the ground

11. Also maybe to keep it from rolling over.

12. im pretty sure that that is the actual purpose. using it to protect your fingers from a hot bowl is just an added bonus:cool:

13. to protect your finger. not thumb.

lol thumb wtf

thumb=carb

14. Win. :p

15. Uhh, no.

Carbs can be on the left or right side of the bowl, and regardless of which side its on, people may use either their thumb or index finger to cover the carb

16. i always thought it was for stability just in case you ever drop it..thats what ive been told the marbles are for

17. [​IMG]
    Any ting you want

18. If you're left-handed or light with your left hand on a right-handed you're thumb would go there

19. +rep cuz u made laugh:hello: lol im fuckin high right now:smoke:

20. Well since the carb can come on the left or right side and you can hold the bowl with your right or left hand I'd say that your thumb doesn't always get used for the carb.