what's the point of the death penalty?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Twee, Nov 13, 2011.

1. No it's not. Their is a huge difference between killing someone for no logical reason and killing someone because it is highly likely that they will kill other people.

2. By the way, suppose you know your death date - does that put your life at ease? Has any of you tried? I am going to find out. Here is a link to the site where I am thinking of taking this kind of test - FIND OUT YOUR DEATH DATE I am not sure though if it`s worth taking that test there.

3. #63 Turtle, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2011
    To me, the death penalty should be reserved for the absolute worst offenders. Those who commit sick and hanus crimes that were obviously done for their own twisted form of gratification.

Read up on some of these people and if your opinion on the death penalty hasn't changed then I think there may be something wrong with you.

Ted Bundy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Serhiy Tkach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    John Wayne Gacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jeffrey Dahmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Mohammed Bijeh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (This guy is from Iran, read what they did to him as punishment, lol)
    (It's sad that the list of serial killer on Wikipedia is so damn long)

Some people deserve death. I wouldn't be opposed to them taking these people out back right after being sentenced guilty and shooting them right there. After being convicted, the government then asks the taxpayers to pay for their stay in prison for however many years til they kill them. Ridiculous to me.

This article has made me question the people running executions. How on Earth can it possibly cost more to execute someone than keeping them alive for 50 years? They're doing something wrong.

4. fuck the death penalty, ship em to Siberia.

5. #65 Apu, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2011
    Death can be a lot sweeter than prison.

Now all I can think about is killer clowns. Is it messed up I find that funny? Stupid Gacy.

By the way I forget but we have known it costs more for decades there is explanations on the internet.

6. I beg to differ. I'd go as far as saying it's a fact the death penalty does not deter crimes. I guarantee you most people don't stop in their track and think of the death penalty before committing a violent or capital crime. That being said, it doesn't mean I think tax payers should suffer as a result by keeping those people in jail for life. Truth is I just don't fucking know what I'd do if it was up to me. I have no clue. It is a tricky subject.

7. Well, we kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong.

8. other times we provide people who kill people with food, housing and water to show people that killing people is wrong.

9. I dunno, there seems like no good way to deal with really violent/crazy/murdering people.

Gladiatorial death matches maybe, just for shits.

10. Realize it costs more money to execute a prisoner than it does to keep them in prison. Though, I still advocate it.