What's the point of the carb?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chirf, Jan 22, 2012.

1. I have a glass pipe with a carb, and a regular cheap pipe that has the screw on top, but no carb on it.

The only difference I can tell is one gives me the smoke gradually while the other just launches it all in one blow (followed by tapping the carb, yada yada).

Is there a purpose for the carb? Cause right now I just see a different method of smoking lol they both seem to give you the same amount of air and thc in your lungs.

2. Its just to clear the piece.

Without a carb it would take much longer to truly replace all of the air in the piece with fresh, clean air because it doesn't have direct access to fresh air (your mouth is blocking one opening, and the weed is blocking the only other one)

Nothing fancy

3. What's the point of the carb?

this

when you drink through 2 straws dont you get more drink?

4. Carbs are the best. Who would want to gradually take a hit? Fuck that. :)

5. Oh, so it's to help flush out the pipe more and get all the smoke?
    I kinda get that now...

6. Well it would depend on the situation. If you're comparing a carb'd pipe to an alcoholic drink with two straws, you'd have to take into consideration that the pipe isn't giving you two sources of THC. It's giving you a source of THC, and then a source of air. If you wanted to make the comparison work, wouldn't you have to make one of the straws in the alcohol, and the other straw in a cup of water, diluting the drink?

7. The only thing I like to smoke without a carb is my one hitter. Carbs ruuuule