Whats The Point Of Introducing Religion At A Young Age

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by chickenoregg, May 19, 2013.

1. The younger the mind, the more malleable it is. That's just the way it is.

2. #82 roobz, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2013
    I actually think it should illegal to teach kids religion until a certain age. Ethics and Morals, yes, but not ethics/morals based on fear of going to hell or some pretend person who won't "be in your heart".  Hearing kids say things like "i'll be safe because god is watching over me" almost makes me throw up.

Watch this video..it's like 4 minutes...but is exactly why teaching religion is BS.  This is seriously one of the best vids around on the topic... makes me ROFL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m_LA47fuWc8

3. #83 Verdurous, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2013
    Authoritarian nonsense like this is what needs to be banned, then religious nutjobs won't be affecting your life by forcing their dogma on you by calling it "conservatism" and you won't be able to start some crazy religious war by moronically trying to dictate other people's personal beliefs. Hearing people talk about banning things other people wholeheartedly believe in makes me gag. There's no sense in bigotry and discrimination.

My 8yr old believes in santa but not god lol

Great point... I should NOT have said "illegal".  I just don't think influencing kids when they are the most vulnerable and most easilty influenced is a good practice.  To each his own and I firmly believe that, if you believe in something as a rational thinking adult, I have no issue at all with ANYTHING you believe.  And, right I know I believe you think i'm as ass. LOL.