Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's the point of expensive bongs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BongToker92, Aug 2, 2012.

1. You're right about all that but like a college student isn't going to have that expensive of a car. I think that if you're done with college and you have a steady job with a nice paycheck you can settle down and spend your money however you want to but like I said. An $80 bong would work just fine as well

2. for $80 you should get a decent piece, i was under the impression you'd be getting a $30 piece.

3. like people have said its just quality. Like a designer shirt that costs 60 dollars compared to a walmart blank tee that costs 5 dollars, they do the same thing but ones quality with quality aspects, people enjoy quality most of the time.

4. Yeah I like to see my hits too lol. I never understood downstem size and joint size and all that though. I've never heard of stemless bongs though, how does that work?

5. I was actually referring to luxury cars and sports cars compared to cars that still have good IIHS ratings yet aren't ridiculously expensive.

6. they require a lot less water & look like this.

[​IMG]
    CREDIT TO WHOEVER POSTED THIS. I googled stemless bong and grasscity was first to come up :hello:

7. stemless with an attached perc like a showerhead or grid are fucking sick. I have a syn darko which is essentially a stemless showerhead into an inverse showerhead, its only like 15" and it will put out a super fat hit like my old straight beaker that was 18", yet waaaaay smoother making it much less noticeable

8. Some people do collect expensive cars, but I think most people just want to feel important when they buy a fancy car.

9. The only reason beyond just wanting something intricate and cool looking to buy an expensive bong to me is if you want the added cooling provided by percs and such. Personally just give me a bong or bubbler and that's more than enough cooling.

I have a 25 dollar bong from a dispensary that is just as thick and solid as anything out there.

10. People spend more money on quality glass bongs for a bunch of reasons. When you see a "bong" or perhaps water pipe that looks identical to another piece and one is priced around 50$ and the other is priced around 150-200$ there are usually a few noticeable differences.

A high end piece can sometimes have modifications to the chamber that allow ice to be placed all the way up to the chamber to cool the smoke for a smoother hit. It might come with a downstem that is diffused or pinched that allows for more of a filtered hit. It could also have a built in perc or ash catcher that comes with it.

Another huge difference is the thickness of the glass. The thicker the glass is, the more difficult it is to break, crack, or chip. A 5mm RooR bong is easily 300$ up to 600$ for a custom design. And a 7mm RooR is somewhere in the 600-700$ range.

11. Well, car collecting I understand because it's an investment, but buying a fancy car to feel important is completely different and kind of dumb.

12. Is there some kind of website where you can custom build a bong? Like you pick a tube and after that you choose the downstem bowl and any accessories. That'd be really cool if grasscity did something like that

13. not to my knowledge, but grasscity has a lot of pieces to choose from in that price range man.

your just gonna have to look around. if your friends have pieces, id hit them and see which kind you like better it is all preference really.

14. Everyones saying roors like they are the best bong on the planet. What about all the local artists who hand blow the glass? I have a friend who bought a hand blown bong from an artist with a tree perc for only 250 and it is the sickest bong I've toked. Real hand blown glass is where its at and it's worth the money because you are actually supporting an artist and maybe even a local one! Heady glass is always a nice work of art with all the colors and features. Just doesn't get any better than having a nice hand blown piece to smoke some dank out of. :bongin:

15. hands down the best answer