What's the point of 4G?

Discussion in 'General' started by camram, Oct 13, 2011.

1. I know most "4G" is not true 4G but I've tried it on two different networks and it makes no difference than 3G. Faster download speed so maybe I'll get that mp3 download a little faster but I don't notice improved call-quality or anything else really.

I noticed an iPad 2 with a 3G connection and it flowed YouTube and Netflix just as well as 4G...

2. Honestly whenever I try to use 4G it ends up im not in a "4G zone" so i just keep using my 3g like a boss :D

3. I don't even know what the difference between 1g 2g 3g or 4g means......

4. Wimax is where its at.

5. i want 28.5g

6. The point of 4G is to give the consumers the feeling of owning a brand new product, while actually giving them the same old stuff.

May be with slight additions and modifications...

A touch here, a touch there... and bingo.

You got yourself a brand new product.

I'll bet they already have shit load of 5Gs and 6Gs, sitting in some big ass warehouses, getting ready to hit the stores as soon as all the 4Gs are sold out.

7. 4G = "Haha, FUCK YOU. Cash in my pocket suckers!"

[​IMG]

8. 4G refers to the 4th generation of cdma data speed upgrade. CDMA stands for code division multiple access and the 4G that is available in many areas especially cities give you faster upload and download speed. The effect on sound and call quality is 0.

9. By this rationale we would still be using DOS computers with 4kb of RAM.

10. And life would have been much simpler...

I miss DOS...

11. That tech is on the outs.

12. Marketing scheme.

13. [quote name='"camram"']

That tech is on the outs.[/quote]

Shit, whatever they always put something else out to make money while they have the next technology in tow.

14. !@#$%^&**&^%$#$%^%$#$%
    4G
    ^%$#@!@#$%^&^^%$
    I won't say their name but it rhymes with beer-wire. You watch 2 30 minute episodes on netflix and they throttle you down to 256Kb/s.

*&$^$*&^%*^*^$^%# is all I can say about that BS.
    I would get rid of it, but because of where this house is situated, it's my only option.

15. *&^&*^^%@@&*^*()(_)&*^
    What???? :confused:

16. Get a better phone if you want better sound quality.

17. 3G download speed for me is 1.5-3meg. 4G is around 20-40meg. SOOOOOOOOOOO much faster when online browsing and watching vids.

18. quoting

19. cd\
    cd windows
    dir/s/w
    cd\
    dir

Oh man - just typing the commands makes me nostalgia hard as fuck! Damn, DOS - I remember you in the good old days!

I remember I thought I could tell the speed of a computer just by typing dir in a huge directory and watching it write to the screen. At some point, dir didn't mean shit!

20. #20 BigMouthHungry, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011
    random symbols means I would rather not repeat what I was thinking, you know, a lot of derogatory statements, etc. :

non system disk or disk error, replace and press any key when ready.....