What's the minimum amount of light you can use for veg?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by BeZtoken, Nov 17, 2011.

1. I've found that night makes the nodes tighter compared to 24 hrs . And also I read an article about 12 on 7 off 1 on and 7 off again . Saves power but still stays in veg . It was from treating yourself , skunks November issue had an article on it also

2. I'll find the article tommorow and type it out for you guys if you would like

3. #23 WeeDroid, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    I would never fuck around with a screwy schedule like that. 20/4 for veg is best and has been tested to be best.

Oddball shit like that is wonderful for cannabis magazines. Keeps people looking at the magazine while making the reader feel like they have some sort of edge. It's complete bullshit.

4. I got the gist of it... if you can post the article's references that would be more helpful, also any links or info that gives the 12-5.5-1-5.5 schedule any credibility?

5. [quote name='"WeeDroid"']

I would never fuck around with a screwy schedule like that. 20/4 for veg is best and has been tested to be best.[/quote]

Good for you , you do that . Or wait maybe I shouldn't have posted because you dis agree ?

6. can you post a link to the most recommended nutrient brand for this light cycle? Or the recommended nutrient in the article you shared?

7. [quote name='"shogo"']can you post a link to the most recommended nutrient brand for this light cycle? Or the recommended nutrient in the article you shared?[/quote]

I'll go find the mag later on man ,and I would think the nutes wouldn't change but don't qoute me on that I'm not 100% sure

8. [quote name='"shogo"']can you post a link to the most recommended nutrient brand for this light cycle? Or the recommended nutrient in the article you shared?[/quote]

I hope your just trying to be funny? This thread has nothing to do with nutes.

To everyone else thanks for all the input and thanks for sharing what works for YOU, don't knock till you try it there's no real way to know unless you have (tried it).I think the "screwie" light schedule is something to look into. Not because I truly or necessarily believe it will increase yield, although I can't say it won't because I haven't tried it, but if it saves money and works then why the hell not? I'm gonna write it down and experiment in the future at some point I think.

Thanks for bringing something new to the table bro, with the light cycle.

BeZ...V

9. #29 WeeDroid, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    I have done it. For over 5 years now. LD has done it for over 10 and one of the most respected growers in the UK has done it for far longer than that. Due to side by side grow studies he conducted.

But hey, what do we know, right? ;)

Screwie light cycles have been looked into and debunked on a number of canna sites.

I haven't tried jumping off a bridge either. Doesn't mean I should.

As far as experimenting goes, help yourselves. But some of us here are actually trying to help by sharing our experiences. Just because it's new, doesn't mean it's better.

Screwy light schedules tend to produce hermies.

10. [quote name='"WeeDroid"']

I have done it. For over 5 years now. LD has done it for over 10 and one of the most respected growers in the UK has done it for far longer than that. Due to side by side grow studies he conducted.

But hey, what do we know, right? ;)

Screwie light cycles have been looked into and debunked on a number of canna sites.

I haven't tried jumping off a bridge either. Doesn't mean I should.

As far as experimenting goes, help yourselves. But some of us here are actually trying to help by sharing our experiences. Just because it's new, doesn't mean it's better.

Screwy light schedules tend to produce hermies.[/quote]

I'm not doubting your knowledge or claiming to have any.. I'm just sharing what I read , and like i said there IS articles in multiple weed magazines with PICS for proof that it works . It was tested in a greenhouse with a 1000 watt on congoleese saliva .

11. Well, enjoy then. It would be nice if you could mention which magazines and the publishing dates.

I just would be very very cautious about cannabis magazines. Their agenda is not to help you but to boost sales. In what ever way they can.

12. I already said the november issue of skunk . And a high times I have has it in there too but i couldn't tell you the issue it's somewhere around my house where that is idk lol

13. There are marketing people who use magazines like High Times to draw people in to web sites for marketing purposes. Not to mention sell other products. These marketing people will hit multiple magazines in order to seem legitimate. Same concept behind sock puppets on chat rooms. The US government has a publicly known sock puppet program specifically for going into chat rooms.

One great way to get peoples attention is novel concepts that promise you the moon. All I'm saying is no matter how novel or enticing something sounds, think about it.

14. Crypt Lord has thought about it, conceptualized galactic movements and lunar cycles and adjusts his lamps turning off and on 27 times a day to match them. I just wish I could learn more about this because It's way over my head.

15. Sounds like complete and utter bullshit to me. But hey! If you want to waste your valuable time, a resource that can never be replaced, chasing fairy tales, dig in. :)

Turning HIDs on and off that often would kill your lamps. Of course you can always use pitiful LED fixtures. heh

16. well there are a bunch of links just right around the corner on the GC showing LED's at work,

I'm just wondering if there's any more information about the 12-5-2-5 schedule, or even if someone has experienced success with this, and what nutrients they used...

and I run a 96 w flouro to veg so no worries about burning it out with the constant switching

17. I think weeddroid should make his own forum since he invalidates any info but his own

18. I disagree. ;)

19. #39 yoctown, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
    I agree with the fact it might ruin your light quicker but their could be some validity behind some funky light cycles or even in the darkness with electricity. But I agree it is likely just a waste of time. I would want to see real science to back it up and saying it would work for our plant cannabis.

I have actually heard pulsating light grows plants better. So it wouldn't surprise me all that much. I wish I knew where that article was. It was plants in general not cannabis. If anyone else has read the article can you post a link? I just tried to find it with no success.

Here is a good article.

http://www.rexresearch.com/hhusb/hh5elc.htm#HH59

Site has stuff about using sound and other things to help grow plants.

Edit: Little off topic but since we are in the organic section thought this might interest some of you. It is from the same site.
    I wish some of this stuff wasn't over my head so I could try some of it.

20. well there it is. But I can't change any thing yet.

I think there's something endearing about running lamps for days on end at 24/0 or 20 hours at a time. I don't know what it is. The high electicity bill? or just knowing the light's always on in there...