What's the longest you've stopped smoking and why did you start again?

Discussion in 'General' started by As Above So Below, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Just dawned on me this morning in the shower that I've stopped smoking for 4 years. I did it twice with some friends during that 4 year period (2015 & 2017) but other than those two times I haven't smoked at all. It started with me losing my connection and just waiting to find a new person, but that never came. I just went on with my life, got a better job and I'm halfway through my degree. Just so happens that I found a new friend who smokes so next weekend will be my first time in 4 years of having my own stuff.

What's the longest you've stopped for and why did you start again?

2. I stopped for a solid two months because I was sort of becoming complacent and lazy after smoking almost everyday for three years. I don't blame the green, I blame myself as it was more of a personal problem as I lost the drive to be productive. I felt as if my life was on auto-pilot and I was just floating around. So, I stopped cold turkey to try and find that fire again. I began to hit the gym twice a day just to get my nerves settled because I was easily irritable.
    I started again because I was starting to become stressed out with family matters which was giving me severe headaches, I was only eating one small meal a day, my depression started knocking again, and I just felt constantly worried about everyday life again.
    But on the upside, going sober on my own terms was oddly really nice just to sort of get my mind in a decent place and to prove myself I can do things without being high for a chance. Now, I'm chiefing, working, kicking ass in the gym, and loving life with it's goods and bads.:) Have a blessed weekend.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I ain't stopped

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Only times I ever stopped getting high since I first started was the 3 times I've been pregnant. I always went right back to it after I had my kids tho.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Yeah, I stopped smoking for a few years while away at camp, came home, been high ever since lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Me Too: ...I ain't stopped

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. A few months, quit due to being in a bad place mentally and I needed a t-break. Started again once I felt better.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Thanks for all the replies. I was just curious. It feels sort of weird to start again. But I'm in a better place now and it's kind of funny how easy it was to stop once I set some real life goals.

When you smoke everyday it's kind of scary thinking about quitting for a few months. And then the years pass by and it's still there and you think what did I have to worry about? It's still there.

9. I quit for 10 years. I quit bc it really bothered my daughter and she was in middle school. She was really acting out and I didn't feel like I was being a good parent so I stopped. I stopped while both my kids were in middle school and h.s. After they were both out of the house, I started up again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. That's a very good reason. Kudos for you for doing that. You're a good parent.

• Like Like x 2
  11. About 8 hours then I got fuckin pissed and smoked a bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 Ma-Ja, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    A few weeks. :GettingStoned:

13. Longest I’ve stopped is at least a year, but that was when I done got caught by my mamma lol.

But if we are not counting that.... at least 2 days... lol.

14. There was a period for a year or year and a half where I stopped around 2014/2015. A lot of reasons I guess. It started because I needed to pass a DT, then continued because I later applied for internships, etc.

But now I smoke every day, and even a month T break seems too long lol like back then I just smoked whatever I had since I couldn't go to dispensaries. But now that I have access to different types of strains and actually know when to use them throughout the day, I feel like it's much more beneficial to me. I may have to pass another DT in a few months, so I might have to briefly stop again.

15. I stopped for a week once about 40 years ago when I had strep. I remember I was jones'n and dumped about a joint worth in my chicken soup. First edible experience - got blasted

16. I recently stopped for 4 years, and starting back again has been such a great experience!

I used to be so anxious every time I smoked, now I have such a comfortable and healthy relationship with it.

17. On for years,off for years.
    Now on and will likely stay on until the end,with days off now and again.
    It's never been a big deal to me to quit for days,weeks,even years.
    Money was an issue but isn't anymore and I live in Canada.

18. Smoked for 28 yrs, stopped for 13 years to protect my job/pension. Started again the day I retired.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Pretty much like CigarJ; Stopped in 82, started again in 99. Work tested too often (USAF).

Started about a week before I officially retired. Had an urine test two days before discharge. Standing at the next urinal was the Wing Commander.

:smoke: