what's the law in amsterdam?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by stash_up, Apr 29, 2005.

1. i tried searching for this on here but couldnt find anything. what position does the law take with weed? is it legal or decriminalised (and whats the difference if it is?) is it only legal in certain coffee shops or something?

im just curious, although i plan to go someday.

also, damn my dads stopping here tonite so i cant toke :( unless i'm careful, might save the last of my weed for tomorrow.

2. you cant smoke it in public places, i think its only allowed at home and in the cafes.

3. Been there many times, just came back fromk there 2 weeks ago:

It's decriminalized, you can buy it at coffeeshops...gotta ask for the menue...you can smoke it in the coffeeshops and in certain other shops. Sometimes you gotta ask the bartender. I was lucky: Went to a nice Jazzbar and asked if i could smoke...bartender looked around. "Yeah...my boss isn't here right now, so just light one up..."

You aren't allowed to smoke in public, but if you're some quiet place at the canals, noone would ever mind...

Red light district is the tourist-mile...you can smoke everywhere, but it's crappy music and loads of very stoned tourists who only come there to smoke themselves retarded...you wanna see some nice clubs and bars, go to the western side of town...or Lejdseplein...lots of nice small clubs there...

4. I'm just wondering, but what are the laws in B.C., Canada like? are they about the same?

5. cheers mr.skinner, useful info :)