whats the latest you can plant a seed outdoors?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by hstern2525, Mar 4, 2009.

1. hi i was wondering what is that latest time you can plant a seed outdoors?
    i live in Michigan so it starts getting warm here around mid april-may. Would i be able to plant late may and still get a very nice yield?

2. #2 Corto Malteze, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
    Until beg/mid June is ok but less yiled in general since shorter veg. period. However, indicas started too early will stop growing (max height reached) and wait for flowering. Sativas started in June would be about 7_8 ft tall imo. Some sativas continue growing even in flowering period too. The latest is beg. July imo. It would be a late grow you have as extra. But even indicas need about 2 months veg. to reach their optimal size (June-July). Sativa dominants 3 months or more to have bigger plants (12-15ft) and thus more yield. If I were to do a late grow, I would plant a sativa dominant hybrid (in size at least, not flowering times) so the plant gets big enough despite a shorter veg. period.

3. I am in the NorthEast and I have planted a short sprout (4 inches) around early June and received very impressive results.

Obviously, the earlier the better. With the date of late May, I would not be concerned about much.

4. May will be OK.