What's the latest point I can take cuttings before it has to reveg and is counted as monster croping

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by wEEDhEAD1, Jun 9, 2018.

1. I flipped 4 days ago but now want some cuttings. Is this soon enough or has the process gone past the point of no return?

2. you'll need to take your cutting after it shows sex (calyx with pistils at the nodes) but before it starts developing flowers. that should be roughly a 2-4 day window depending on the strain.

3. I veg for long! they all showd sex way before I flipped plus there all cuttings from fems. Was thinking that the 12/12 schedule for 4 days has most probley got the plants mechanics already in flower mode.
    I can't be bothered to take cuttings if there gonna take longer than a week to start veging again.

4. as long as they aren't actually developing flowers at the tips of the branches and new growth, you should still be able to clone. When people take cuttings from regular seeds, they need to have the plants in flowering for several days at least to confirm sex, and this process can take up to two weeks if the plant isn't mature. So most people won't clone until the plants show sex like yours. If they have started developing tufts of pistil and calyx in the new growth already, then it is too late.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. also, when cloning plants that are mature enough to show pistils at their nodes, the clones will probably look like that for their whole life with no need to reveg,
    A lot of cuts show sex even when in veg, sexual maturity is really a separate stage than flowering.