What's the issue?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Bdsnacks, Sep 4, 2019.

1. So I went out of town because of the hurricane and I got back and watered my plants Tuesday. They were very dry when I got back but didnt look bad otherwise. Fast forward a few days, they look like they are either over watered or have a mineral lockout as I now have browning on the edge of the leaves. This watering I gave them

Cal mag,
    Big bloom,
    Rhino skin,
    Superthrive,
    Molasses,
    And usually I give them grow big but instead I used some alaskan fish fertilizer this time.

This is the first time my plants have every looked like this and they've been vegging about 3 months

Would anyone know why its saying I need valid forum Id to upload pics?
    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. Ok after doing more research and test I'm pretty sure its cause I put it under this optic xl 100 watt cob led. Cause I did switch the light as well and the symptoms are browning leaves like it's a K deficiency but i just checked soil ph and its 6.3 and the ppm is 350 so its eating and the ph is good. Must be these lights...wish I could upload some photos

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Pics 1567627361521.jpg 1567627200174.jpg 1567627176186.jpg 20190904_155241.jpg 20190904_155236.jpg 20190904_155230.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. 3 months in veg ,,, wow

5. Be nice

6. I tried being nice once ! It was the worst ten seconds of my life ..

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. 3 months is too long …….
    Lights ,,, grow medium , grow room temp .. what ever 3 months is too long ..
    your plants should be over 2.5 feet tall and 3 foot diameter .

Why are you giving that plant anything ? doesn't the soil/compost have already enough nutrients for a small plant like that ?

Why are you giving the plant Molasses,when there is zero buds on it ?

Size of grow space , how many plants ,, what is the size of the pots or grow bags ?
    What is the make , model and how many grow lights ?

Does the top of your grow medium look white as in salt sodium, calcium ?

To stop mineral lock up you need to flush .

Double nutrients ...
    Normally your dirt/ compost is some what pre loaded with nutrients and allot of new growers run into issues because they are giving the plant bottled nutrients too.

That is one of the main issues with growing in dirt/compost ..
    Most growers dont really know what the nutrient and mineral levels are in there grow medium.

Without going down a long check list there is a ton of things that can be causing slow growth ..
    but with out knowing more info is impossible to pin point .

8. Lol for a help forum you guys can be jerks but all good. Simply trying to learn. I grow vegetables, flowers,fruit all the time so I'm no noob to gardening just this type of plant. It's in a 5 gal smart pot. The reason it is being fed is cause it's been in the pot like I said for awhile. Its still vegging cause I have no room in my flower tent .I started 6 plants but can only flower 2 at a time. But like I was saying its been doing great, until I put it under the optic led xl. It was under 2 led t5s. The humidity stays around 65 and temps around 78. I really have no environmental issues. And guys if u are just gonna talk shit I dont need the help but am welcome to people who actually are here for that.

Thanks

9. Guess I am the only jerk trying to help you !
    Since you already called us a jerk ,,, try answering the questions this time ...

T 5 lighting is not LED lighting , T5 is CFL ..

You know I am trying to figure out if you have enough lighting ...
    To do that I need to know exactly the make and model and how many lights you have ..
    smaller plants in veg don't need tons of lighting until they start getting bigger or they are in flowering .
    I need to know if you have shit led lights or not ..
    I need to know your tent size like its a 4ft x 4ft tent !
    Or the size of your grow room because there is a mathematical equation to figure out how many watts of LED lighting you need per square foot of grow space .
    The wattage changes tons from the pos blurples to Samsung Cree/cob boards .

A thought,,,,,, would be to transplant into lager grow bags ,,
    when growing plants for longer periods of time 5 gallon containers can create issue .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Please point out where anyone was “just talking shit”. Don’t get in your feelings and alienate yourself because you don’t want this particular persons help. This forum is full of colorful individuals. Accept as you hope to be accepted. Ijs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. You’re a way better person than me. Respect.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Lmao I get called in my feeling for acting just like you guys.relax. anyway the thrive led fits a t5 ballast that's what I had them under originally. They are currently under a 100 watt optic led xl in a 2x4 tent. The light is about 2 feet away from the top. I dont understand cause I have the same strains in flower and they look great 1567702640412.jpg

13. And headhunterpipes I appreciate the help I'm just being sarcastic just like everyone else...and question so why does fox farm have this line out if you shouldn't use it with their dirt? I waited like 6 weeks before I gave them anything but ph balance water. I started first with calmag cause I was getting calcium deficiencies in the leaves. I originally planted them with a mix of 40% ffof 40% root organics and 20% perlite

14. upload_2019-9-5_13-20-42.gif

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hey question, is 6.3 the ph going in or coming out?

16. Coming out

17. I keep between 6.5 and 6.8 going in

18. How about feed ppm, going in then out?

19. We’ll keep it all here, I like to save my inbox for boobies!

So at last feeding you fed @ 1200ppm (not EC?) and the runoff is now clocking 350. 350 is a low feeding for a plant in extended veg. ~600-700 ppm is where I’d need to be vegging. As for your plant, Growweedeasy.com suggests ph fluctuations, but I actually believe you may be seeing the onset of Magnesium deficiency.