Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's the future for the US?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by YourPerception, Aug 9, 2011.

1. I say we just all flip out and burn america to the ground and start over.

Wipe out every corporation, flatten D.C. Elect wille Nelson president and jay-z will handle congress.

2. I'm all for the Willie Nelson part lol

3. theres nothing in the future for the US except a big pile of steamy, smelly shit.

4. u.s is the most evil corrupt country ever,the future is dangerous

5. Willie Nelson that would be awesome

6. I know. Willie Nelson is The man.

7. possibly if you read my other post in here you can see im not gonna lie im obviously conservative

8. Life's a bitch then you die.

9. [quote name='"TexasToker67"']Life's a bitch then you die.[/quote]

That's why we get high

10. The future of America could be anything... If we continue to go the way we are with this crazy amount of spending and our liberties thrown down the drain then we are going deeper into a hole of oppression. But, our future is not etched in stone. We The People are the only force that can stop this tyrannical government.

I believe that Americans can get off our lazy asses and become a self reliant, free society. Yet if we just continue falling for this big government propaganda then we are going no where. For a society to last, the people must be able to take care of themselves and we are so far away from that right now.

The way our government handouts virtually worthless special interest packages to a "group" of citizens and uses fear to get them to sacrifice there liberty for these welfare handouts and so on. They use fear for everything, and thats when you know its propaganda. Ron Pauls campaign did not run off of fear, it ran off of hope. Something i recognized.

Please people of America, its time to start over. If we dont revolt soon we will never have the chance ever again.

11. Obama/Biden 2012!

12. Hahahaha what great sarcasm.

13. The economy isn't shit if you invest wisely.
    No economy is too shit to make money out of it.
    Just be smart with your money, help others as much as you can, and hope that they will do the same.
    That's about all we can do

14. I know I'm posting in a bumped thread but it was a really good thread that got me thinking and I read every page and passed out some reps...

My 2 cents:

Walking around my college campus I kinda feel like we're in for a shell shock, and hopefully what'll bring us through the chaos is people being forced to learn how to UNPLUG again so truer communities might emerge.

The modernized world is fast becoming this hell where so many people live so close to one another but everyone is so connected to social networking and cell phones that a lot of people don't know how to simply coexist in the present moment.. I'm seeing so much social awkwardness and weird social patterns and I feel like they stem from this.

Can you imagine if all of a sudden, all or even a significant majority of these services were no longer a part of our lives? People wouldn't know how to live..

I'm strangely not worried for the future.. I'll live my life free and show others the way as best I can, or I will die.

And when we're dead, we won't care anymore anyway, so we may as well love each other while we're here.

:smoking:

15. I think Illogik said it best. Either way, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

16. I don't really understand the popularity of social networking, and probably never will. But, like most things that become too mainstream, there will be a counter reaction against social networking at some point.

I also don't understand how kids today can afford to have an iphone and pay over $100 a month in cell phone charges.

Add to the equation that almost all the information obtained from social networking is entertainment and has no real useful purpose. Its like chatting by the water cooler. It's just gossip, sports, and so on.

I hate to say it, but our country is more and more like what was predicted in Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. We have a minority of people who actually do things, and majority of people who just use things and live off the success of the doers. I believe we are at a tipping point as evidenced by what is happening to the economy and politics that the users are taking control and forcing out the doers to retire, not take risks, or just leave the country.

17. You do realize, that basically GC and forums are a form of "social networking" right?

18. I fucking hate the new generation........ I swear people having all the info in the world at their fingertips only makes them more and more dumb....

Computers are right up my alley, Im talkin about the people who walk around everywhere with their face aimed down at their smartphones..

Youd think itd make people a little more knowledgeable, Which it does in some fields, But it just seems like people these days dont have common sense.... They turn to their smartphones for everything.. As if the phone is their brain..

We got a truck stuck in my yard about 3 months ago, And this dude says gimme a minute ill see how we can get it unstuck on google..

I said, Well that or u can use your brain for a second and realize you need traction under the tire! :confused_2:

He continues to look it up trying to prove me wrong, I grab a bag of stones and dump stones under both tires, Truck came right outta there..

This is an example of your typical 16-18 year old right there.. Kids these days piss me off.

19. Your right. I was going to mention this in my post, but decided against it.

Anyway, I love the GC grow sections, which has a ton of useful growing information. The other areas of GC I venture into with some hesitation since opinions are like....

20. If you look at the top selling apps on smartphones and what people do most of the time on facebook, they're all games. People waste hours of their time playing Angry Birds or making money in Farmville rather than real life. Even with computers now, people just waste their life away earning achievements on WoW rather than gaining real life experience. 16-18 year olds know how to find whatever they need in WoW, but, as you said, when it comes to something like merely getting a truck unstuck, they're completely incompetent and over-reliant on other people on the internet for answers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm 19 and have spent a lot of my life on a computer, but I never got into video games. Instead, I played with the computer, something real, and learned how it works. I used the internet, not to answer my homework questions and do my work for me, but to do research about the topics I was learning about and fill in gaps that my teachers didn't have time to fill during class. When I waste my time playing video games, I get bored because you don't actually get anything out of it. I end up just figuring out how to cheat so I can go anywhere I want and then stroll around looking at the artwork/world because that's usually pretty neat. Other than that, it's dreadfully boring just going around killing stuff endlessly, which seems like the plot of most games. The only game I played through and marginally enjoyed was Fable because it actually has an entertaining story line with resolution and went relatively fast. Minecraft is also entertaining, but I only like creative mode and liken it to drawing in an awesome 3D environment.