Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's the future for the US?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by YourPerception, Aug 9, 2011.

1. #41 Verdurous, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    And how exactly does not voting help solve the hypocrisy in the US?

2. Your idealism is quite touching.

3. #43 Diggity2Dank, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
    What's the future for the US?

[​IMG]

4. A police state and wide spread poverty.

Were Almost there, they have the suburbs scared of "terrorists" so well that they can do what ever the hell they want and they are.
    It's infuriating how the keep white America happy with safe suburbs and big tvs.

If we want America to change at all we have to shut the fucking tv off and get these white fat asses to care about more than whats happening on grey anatomy.

5. I think we will bounce back up in a couple years. People are taking this shit way to seriously.

Don't get me wrong, it is serious but...not super cereal..

6. Did someone say Police State?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klqv9t1zVww"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klqv9t1zVww[/ame]

7. Lets move to canada!

8. KJK, I got agree with the previous poster. The U.S. is now closer to representative democracy similar to the U.K. than a constitutional republic. This is just a matter opinion as you say, but I think anyone can see that the judiciary views the constitution as a "living document" subject to reinterpretation. Again this a matter of opinion to many, but there is no way in hell that the framers of the constitution would have expected what the federal government has morphed into today, as they thought they were putting strict limitations on the federal government. Today, there are no limitations to the federal government.

9. #49 kronman907, Aug 10, 2011
    Damn that shit is scary. I think it's about time Americans refuse to be controlled and polity tell the local and federal police they are no longer needed and with no longer be Obeyed.

10. #50 Verdurous, Aug 10, 2011
    Ken is fine. :) The UK is a constitutional monarchy. We have a president and congress, not a King/Queen and parliament. The system where democratic voting elects representatives to run the gov't, etc is called a republic.

11. OP interesting thread, and a lot of interesting POVs. I gotta say the world is lot different today than back when the Romans were in power, and the question. Did the Roman Empire actually die?, is a matter of debate for another day. Plus the nuclear bomb was a few years away when Nero was fiddling. But, I'm going off topic.

The problem as I see it, and it should be obvious to any casual observer, is that for many decades the people of the U.S. have benefited from being the reserve currency of the world without any limitations. As the reserve currency, we could expand the economy through asset inflation via the beauty of fractional reserve lending (exponential money creation through the private sector banking system), while at the same time maintaining a strong currency allowing us to import raw materials and imported goods on the cheap.

Unfortunately, starting in 1960's we started to abuse our privileges with the expansion of government deficit spending, and policies under Nixon to set in motion the great Chinese trade imbalance and the last remnant of fiscal restraint by abolishing the gold standard and allowing the real party to begin. Since the 1990's asset inflation, one of the dual mandates for the federal reserve, became more difficult as debt needed to grow to ever increasing heights, while at the same time wages failed to keep pace with the asset bubbles. Soon banks found that people were having a difficulty servicing the debt, and that deliquencies were causing a contraction of debt and hence a contraction of the money supply. In other words, the U.S. was in real danger of a deflationairy depression. We could further discuss why wages failed to keep up with the asset bubbles, but why bother?

Anyway, the federal reserve backstopped almost all the bad debt,and the politicians expanded the debt of the U.S. by another 3 trillion, all in the effort to reinflate the debt bubble.

What happens from here? We'll the newly empowered Chinese, Russians, and Indians along with their 3rd world buddies are going to demand an end to the U.S. dollar as the reserve standard, which will cause a full blown monetary crisis which will cause massive changes in government spending through forced austerity policies. We will see higher prices for commodities, higher unemployment, and continued malaise in the country. Surprisingly, the stock market should continue to do well for a good majority of multinational companies. But unfortunately, the shit will hit the fan for the ordinary person.

This is my two cents, and I ask how would this picture be different if our representatives had used some common sense and protected our real asset - the U.S. Dollar, instead of taking on more debt and trying to backstop all the bad debt?

12. The world can burn for all I care. I just want my food, my water, and a simple (even nature) shelter and I am good. Let these corrupt politicians worry about it, everything is going to be all right.

13. haha quit kidding yourself. Productive? fuck no. Peaceful? Fuck no. It would just be like alcohol. It wouldn't "end the worlds evil". Geeze.

14. Where all gunna die guys. Like no-joke. Just live your fucking lives.

15. Btw the politicians don't have to worry about it lol. Their job is to get to decide what you and I worry about.....Politicians will preserve themselves at all costs............

16. I have to agree with you there bro.

When the founding fathers set up this country (America) it was set up so the government couldnt rule over the people. They made the right to bear arms because if we ever needed to have another revolution that the people could do so.

But the government now is just stretching the rules more and more. The constitution is almost worthless.

17. Ken, you know the King/Queen is irrelevant. My point is that a republic is meant to be based on a constitution or a set written rules that protects the expressed rights of the individual. while at the same time power resides with the voters. While in a democracy, the will of the majority is supreme even at the expense of minority rights.

Last I looked, the U.K. does not have a constitution nor a bill of rights, and wiki defines the U.K. as a parliamentary democracy. At one time voting in the U.S. was limited for some valid reasons in certain cases, and the constitution was not subject to such liberal interpretation. Further, can you really argue that there has not been a continued erosion of individual rights? My point still stands, the U.S. is more like a parliamentary democracy than a republic.

18. Not sure. I believe shit's gonna get way worse before it gets better though. This recession is just the beginning how I see it.

19. #59 Verdurous, Aug 10, 2011
    The King/Queen isn't irrelevant, though. The UK does indeed have a constitution. A parliament is essentially a republic. It's as if you don't have any idea of what these words actually mean.

20. And that is exactly why you vote Ron Paul 2012