What's the facts?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by newheights, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Growing up, I was completely against the use of cannabis.

This is because I fell into the ideology that cannabis is bad because of what people TOLD me it promoted (the laziness, etc)..

Then came my second semester of college, and I figured why not give it another shot.. I had no idea how much cannabis was going to benefit me in the future.

- I became a deans list student (My focus and motivation is unreal, still on it for the fourth semester in a row, and now looking into masters programs - I almost failed out of highschool.. so this is a big deal and a noticeable change).

- My health improved greatly (I suffer from Epstein Barr, back pain, and chronic fatigue syndrome.. Cannabis has battled this literally to the fullest - especially in the area of allowing me to eat more and actually become a healthy weight for my age and height, which in return makes me a healthier person.. I went from being sick ALL the time to not even remembering what it's like to have a sinus infection.. I'm not kidding!)

- And one of the greatest things cannabis has given me, is a deeper understanding of myself socially and psychologically.

Whats my one drawback? Paranoia over the fact that it's illegal (for me, in my state).

But, I want to know the facts about what legal cannabis is doing for everyone else. I keep coming across these articles of car crashes or it negatively effecting peoples brains etc.. and I don't want to believe it, because cannabis has done nothing but good things for me, so far.

So tell me guys, what's really the result of legal cannabis for everyone else? Are people seeing the same results I am after deciding to become a cannabis user?

2. Anything should be used responsibly. That is the bottom line.
    :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 zmessengerz, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016

4. Since I started again for my health I haven't been sick at all in four years.

In my youth I used it only to get high I was totally clueless about the other benefits.
    Back then it wasn't like what we have these days not sure why I got sick back then while smoking but I did.

Like you it has helped me greatly. We make lotions also which helps with my pain.

As far as the lazy bit of the equation I do drywall for a living. That pretty much takes care of the lazy remarks some people make about cannabis users. LOL!

As far as it being illegal where you live fact is it's illegal EVERYWHERE in the states.
    The term legal has been used to control people in their thought process.
    When the plant is treated like a strawberry plant then it will be legal.
    Only reason the government has caved in to so called "legal" cannabis states is because of the almighty tax $$$$$$$$ and the jobs they created by having control with pages and pages of regulations.

I don't know about car crashes. I don't drive high like I did in my youth.
    This isn't columbian or mexican weed from the 70's you smoking here. LOL!

As far as the brain goes cannabis actually helps the brain. Google cannabis and the brain. Notice TBI situations cannabis is highly recommended.

Keep up your good study habits. Just make sure when you come out of college you haven't lost your common sense. Can't begin to tell you how many clients homes I work in that are millionaires but dense as a brick when it comes to using common sense.

5. #5 zmessengerz, Jul 29, 2016

6. Awesome to see such support and understanding, cannabis use is part of the good fight.

Much love

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I found cannabis again later in life for pain treatment and to chill out. the older you get the more chill out matters, lol.. any advice I could give you is to use proper dose control and just bump your receptors as much as needed for what you seek and don't over do it. tolerance is our patience meter to see how real we are living life at any moment, live it well Bro

Oh, there are no facts as its all speculation and opinion. the facts are in the minerals...

8. #8 zmessengerz, Aug 8, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  9. For me, cannabis makes a HUGE difference! When I was 3, another child attempted to murder me with a hammer. I still have dents in my skull from the attack. It also left me with migraines that made my childhood miserable.

At 19, I tried cannabis and liked it. :smoke: By the time I was 21, I had noted that I NEVER had a migraine when I had cannabis! :yay: Eventually, I found that daily use of an indica strain completely PREVENTS my migraines! I got "California MMJ legal" over 16 years ago, and that's how long it has been since my last migraine! Life is good! :GettingStoned:

Anyone who has suffered a migraine, knows what a big deal eliminating them is!

And have you seen this study?

THC inhibits lytic replication of gamma oncogenic herpes viruses in vitro (full - 2004) Delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) inhibits lytic replication of gamma oncogenic herpesviruses in vitro

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2