Whats the easiest/best job youve ever had?

Discussion in 'General' started by doindia, Oct 28, 2008.

1. hey guys im looking to get a part time job, since ive been in college (04 and getting no where) ive had to work my ass off to pay for it, and my way. ive got a little extra money saved up and im going to find a job that i can work part time maybe 20-25 hours a week, just for rent, and bills. my main focus needs to be school and in the past few years its been working to pay for school, which i end up doing not so great in, due to my lack of time.

so there, hit me with your best job, give me some ideas for putting applications this week

im 23, so age isnt a problem.

2. i'd say dealing drugs was the best job i ever had
    got to sit around all day selling sacks and having people smoke me out
    those were the days

3. I kinda agree actually.

find some sacks to sling and get a very part time job as a server

its what I did

you'll be pulling in the $$$ and get free smoke in no time

4. ^^^^yup

thats pretty much it

5. i worked for the university i attended. was a classroom tech. $8.25 an hour to sit in a glorified closet and when teachers think their equipment is broken I had to go turn it on/off, set it up, or call someone who knew what they were doing. i lived 100 yards from my "office" and we had walkie talkies "in case of emergency" that worked all over campus so many times, if it was a slow day and there was someone else working, id come in, grab the walkie and head back to my apt. and collet a paycheck while smokin blunts and playin video games.

lots of places need someone to pretty much just sit and do mindless work. but hey, i dunno if u wanna take my advice, ive been graduated for 3+ months and don't have any sort of employment or real job on the horizon.:(

6. Honestly dude, pick a job where you are productive over lazing around doing nothing, makes the time go by so much better, you stay active, and feel accomplished.

That, or find a job that will let you work in some study time or something, if you want a do-nothing job.

Just for your sake, don't go out finding a job where you have to do jack shit for a while. it gets real old real fast.

7. ya thats what i did exactly
    i had a really chill job and i would actually slang while i was working the part time job
    and then when i was at home mother fuckers would swarm to my house
    its real easy
    just get a good connection and don't be a dumbass

8. oh u could play online poker.:D

9. I've had a lot of jobs and nearly all of them were easy, but the best I would have to say was working as a telemarketer. I would get $8.25/hr plus $.50 for each sale. I would make like 20-30 sales a night, in a 5 hour period, only worked from 5-10pm. It was mad easy, just reading a script from a screen, no drug test, and most of the people I worked with were stoners.

The worst job I've had has to be either Fed Ex as a package handler/loader or working as a security guard at the mall.

To the dude who says jobs where you do nothing gets old fast, you are correct sir. I would get really really depressed working those jobs, so like he said, find something that is easy but productive.

10. Ok well to try to help you out first. I would try anything with commission or tips.
    My most favorite job was working at pizza hut for a year and a half. I started as a cook but when i turned 18 went straight to delivery. The pay was awesome 7.25 plus tips *$80 on a good friday night* Also what made the job was the crew. My manager became one of my better friends. He'd always tell me about his trips on lsd acid etc. This dude had done well of his fair share. I just used to chief a blunt or a bowl all day while delivering. I was pulling in around 30 hours and going to highschool, and my hours were AWESOME. The best was i only worked when that manager worked b/c he made the schedule ;) AND! my 2 long shifts were on the weekend but 11-8 sat and sun was awesome cuz i could go out and party, and sleep somewhat.!!! So from this make sure you like the people you work w/ and somewhat enjoy what your doing.

AND
    i worked at the air force base around here *thanks to my stepdad* but my official title was "laborer" it looked hard as fuck when i was reading about it and my first day. But after a week we just kicked it in the back of a building in a "closet/break room" we all made beds and just slept all day until someone came in. WE finally got caught sleeping and the "Master sergeant" (boss) didn't give a shit, just wanted us to be available. So there you have it i had a summer job mon-fri 40 hours a week. The only downside was the schedule was 7am-3pm. At a rate of $10.62 and hour, i'll roll my ass outta bed and into my other bed ;)

I now currently work at Ruby Tuesday; just started actually. Everyone seem's really cool and i'm about to begin training for a server. Try and get into the restaurant business, there is very good money if your a "people person" and you serve...

Hope this helped

11. I worked at Boscov's in a security booth in the back.

Basically my job was to come in, open the door, turn off the alarm, give worker's their keys, make sure all the truck bays were closed and then sit around until the store opened.

When the store opened I would tell workers what furniture to get for customers, they would come down with the furniture, I would double check their receipt and stamp it.

Easiest job in the world, I read like 30 books while I was doing that job.

I got fired for being late though, only got 2 chances because since I was the one opening the door if I was late everyone got fucked over and had to stand outside until I got there.

12. I'm in your shoes, 21, and in college and the best part time by far I've ever had and what I'm currently still doing is becoming a valet.

If you're at a good spot, it's extremely worthwhile. In my case, I average around $20 an hour and get to drive sick cars I've always dreamed about driving. I've pretty much driven every production car out there you can name. Ferrari's, Lambo's, Aston Martin's, Vipers, Ford GT's, Rolls Royce Phantom's, AMG's, M5's, M6's, Z06's, 911's, (GT2, GT3, and GT3 RS's) and a whole lot more I can't immediately think of.

It's not boring at all because you never know what you're going to be driving and there's always something happening. And when you're not busy, you can just bullshit around with your co-workers. Don't have to worry about cleaning, straightening out isles, or any of that crap.

If you live in the city or know a nice spot that offers valet, check it out.

13. Manager of a local skateshop.

It was chill as fuck, all I did was build boards, sit behind the skate counter and drink red bull all day. If I didn't feel like working I'd pop in the DC Mountain Lab video or something sick...... I wish that place wasn't bought out, fuckin corporations.

14. work at korger
    it was soo easy, i work there 3 years,
    on the last year, i went to night krew and they all love me and well my night foreman and gorgery manager wants to promote me to night foreman. it only took me one freaking year.. 3 months later, i got fired.. lame

it actually the most bullshit made up story store manager gave me and fired me... whatever
    that give a me an idea, how to get promoted in a short time.. :wave:
    and that was my first job :D

15. yeah my last job was dominos for 6 years.... so i know the pizza business, i have delivered, managed, cooked, etc... but with gas so high and the hours (somtimes till 1-2am) thats where i was having trouble with school

and to the above poster, i think i will go apply at my college tomm. see if they have anything..

and no i dont deal nor will i ever, thats the quickest way to have no future. i grow what i smoke!

16. yeah, my deliverying experience was very unique and perfect.

It all depends on who your around, unless your not a real social person. Good luck anyway tho man. Keep us updated.

17. yeah i cant talk too much shit about delivering it was the best job ever before gas was 3.70!
    thanks so much for the helpful imput everyone. ill def keep y ou uipdated. i think im going to pizza hut tomm :)