What's The Earliest/Latest You Can Start Growing in NorCal?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by tomnork, Nov 21, 2010.

1. #1 tomnork, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2010
    Hey grasscity,
    I've been lurking around the forums for a few weeks now, and I've decided to try and grow my own bud. I have no experience with marijuana growing. My setup would be inside for as little time as necesary (still live with the rents) and I would move the plants to a fertile creekbed/ creek bank as soon as i could I live in Northern California, east of oakland, so the fog doesn't make it to me most days. My questions are:

Which strains would yield the most dank?

Which strains are most weather resistant?

Which strains would you recommend for overall "got me the highest" (I would be growing this for personal use not selling)

When is the soonest I could start to grow?

and What tips can you give an inexperienced grower like me?

Thank you in advance and any help is appreciated.

~Tom

2. I find the real clone only trainwreck meets most of those for me other then "got me the highest" but most people like it I just got better stuff to smoke. I didn't put my clones out till the end of may but you can start indoors early to get a decent size plant. I found if you put them out to early they will try to reveg on you and you lose a lot of growth time. Get your medical card if possible being legal takes some stress off but your still scared about gettin ripped in the middle of the night. Tell no one. LST the plant to crap. Just do it all the time if you want to yield more. I would say supercrop instead but don't want to see you kill a plant on accident. Start with good soil. Foliar does wonders but shouldn't be abused if attempted (i start at 1/8th strength nute solution and work up to 1/4).

3. Thank you yoctown that was hugely helpful. How did you LST your plants if you're planting in the ground? I would after all be planting in a creekbed.

4. All you have to do is continually tie down your plants about 90 degrees over to allow more direct sunlight and once the plant starts to grow up again you pull it back even wider.

5. Ah ok. So when could i possibly get seeds in the ground? (or start the growing process)

6. Seeds I hear people plant late april early may outdoors but don't take my word for it find someone with more experience with seeds as I started mine indoors with my clones.

7. Ah Ok. Thanks so much yoctown your advice is very helpful and i appreciate it

8. Just found my spot where im going to grow, Solid soil, Solid sun, Solid seclusion. Hoping to have a solid season once it comes around. Anyone else for the advice?

9. is oakland considered nor cal??

10. Yes it is.

11. Your probly gonna get ripped off living in east oakland

12. I live in NorCal too, and this year I'm doing it differently. Last year (meaning early 2010) spring seemed to not want to show up right away. We had wet weather for what seemed like forever, so for this next growing season, I wanted a head start.

My germinated seeds just broke the soil yesterday, and I'm going to veg them indoors until the time is right. I'm actually going to take cuttings from them in February, make them clones, and grow them (the clones) indoors until April. I want nice bushy plants going in the ground at the start of the season so I have beasts come October. As those plants begin their life outside, I will switch the mothers to 12/12 indoors.

13. I don't live in east oakland. I live east OF oakland. HUGE difference.

14. true that but everybody smoke weed in tha town:smoke:

15. True. But I still don't live in east oakland... I live on the other side of the caldecott.

16. As to when to transplant your babies, just watch your closest local supermarket! The time to plant outdoors is when they get in the big 1 gallon tomato plants! :D

Granny :wave: