Whats the differnce between republican,and democrat partys?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Swat281, Jul 10, 2011.

1. I'm new to politics.

2. Nothing anymore, ever head of the republicrats? Party lines mean nothing to me.

They are the same, the parties are in bed with each other, but if you talk about the ideals that they are supposed to differ on, its along the lines of less(R) and more(D) government. Though, nowadays, its all big gov republicans. The only thing I see differing them anymore is social issues.

3. i love to quote my boy aaronman on this one:

4. Republicans = Herp
    Democrats = Derp

5. Abortion issue

6. Republicans want a large department of defense and Democrats want more entitlement programs. Though, they rarely ever slash one another's budget, they borrow money to expand their ideology at the cost of the countries economy. They scratch each others back in guarantee of a "level" playing field where only two parties will ever have any chance at electability so the status quo stays the same and is a 50/50 shot of authoritarian rule.

7. 100% shot of authoritarian rule...50/50 shot at who is on the throne

8. Nice avatar :D

9. 3 things

The name
    The color
    The mascot

Anything else is bullshit

10. one has angry christians and the other has aging hippie douchebags

11. The question is irrelevant. A better question is what kind of people are getting elected into office? Well, Americans (regardless of party) elect good looking, silver tongued politicians who can talk a good talk but really have no idea what they're doing. Our politicians are more interested in seeking power than solving problems.

12. republicans = fight for rich white men

democrats = fight for everyone else

but they're both pretty much owned by corporate interest

13. Republicans think the world should be set up where the harder you try, the more you have. The problem is that alot of people try so hard that there's not enough left for alot of people.

Democrats think that poor people should be able to eat, even if they make bad financial decisions and are lazy. This is bad because it doesn't punish laziness or bad financial decisions.

Both parties are made up of predominantly rich white men who will never have to live as part of the experiments that they try and do.

14. Fixed.

15. :scratches head:

Which party thought up the Federal Reserve System and which party was against it?

Based on your observations it would have to be republicans, right, that thought up the Federal Reserve System...?

||| To the internets! |||

*GASP*

Democrats did?!?!

The Federal Reserve Act was written by Carter Glass, Democrat, 47th United States Secretary of the Treasury under Woodrow Wilson. I bet Woodrow Wilson must have been a republican to think up such a heinous thing as the Federal Reserve Act and sign it into law. Wait, what? Wilson was also a Democrat and a leader of the Progressive Movement? :eek:

Of course the Federal Reserve Act was also concocted by J.P. Morgan (worlds most powerful private banker), John D. Rockefeller (oil tycoon), Senator Nelson W. Aldrich (John D. Rockefeller Jr's father-in-law), Frank A. Vanderlip (National City Bank of New York, now Citigroup), Henry P. Davison (Bankers Trust Company, now Deutsche Bank - also with JP Morgan & Company), Charles D. Norton (First National Bank of New York, now Citigroup), Paul Warburg (Kuhn, Loeb & Co, then Lehman Brothers, then American Express), A.P. Andrew (Assistant Secretary of the Treasury).

Surely Democrats have changed their ways since then, right?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. As others have said, pretty much nothing. Obama is the same as Bush. That in itself should prove there's really no difference between the parties.

17. Not a damn thing.

[​IMG]

Two cheeks on the same ass.

:bongin:

18. Watch this; it proves my point.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfSnbC-zHYc&feature=feedf]YouTube - ‪The Most Disturbing Cover Up of Our Time 3/4‬‏[/ame]