Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

what's the difference? headies/beasters/mids/regs

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by skywlkr, Jan 4, 2010.

1. in my city, it's just.

regs/schwag
    and
    droz/kush, etc.

i've never heard those terms before. what exactly they mean?

2. headies- A type of cannabis typically referring to the c. sativa strain, headies are the royalty of cannabis. As opposed to the lower body high of beasters (typically c. indica), headies provide a heady high (as the name would suggest), allowing for more physical function under the influence. Most low grade cannabis does not provide the same kind of lightness of being that headies create. Thus, headies are preferred among cannabis connoisseurs everywhere. Smoking too much of the headies will probably result in a loss of brain cells and increase your usage of phrases such as "the other day," and "this one time." Then again, who really gives a shit if you can function?

beasters- Known as the "Lows of the Highs" this type of marijuana is the brick weed of Canada. Grown in mass quantities in British Columbia this marijuana is usualy striped of keif, sprayed with chems, thrown into bags, and shipped over to the U.S. where people can pay up to 40$ for 3.5g. This marijuana is NOT low grade pot compared to most of the weed going around. Though the high may be not quite as good as that from headies like sensi star and northern lights, you tend to avoid the confused, head-ache high that commercial pot gives you. If commercial weed gives you anything at all.

mids- Marijuana of varying potency and quality depending on the particular area. For instance, some may call mids marijuana that is as potent as dro but the buds are not as shapely and contain seeds and some stems. They are also lamp dried so the smoke is harsher and not as tasteful. Mids may also be seedless, low stem bud that is easier to brake up but the potency may not be as high so it takes more to get the desired effects.

regs- VERY, VERY LOW QUALITY marijuana. Usually is very disgusting, dark weed with lots of stems and seeds, and doesn't even get you high. It just f*cks up your throat pretty much... At least thats what we call regs down south here in florida.
    It's basically marijuana that has been picked pre-maturely.. just the leaves (not alot of THC), and not the flower (bud).

dro- HyDROponically grown marijuana, i.e., "homegrown". Pot grown indoors in hydroponic chambers, which regulate light, humidity, and temperature. Usually a higher, more pure quality of weed than that found elsewhere. Whether there are additives such as cocaine in it is a secondary matter - ask honest questions of your dealer. When in doubt - don't buy.

kush- A strain of Cannabis, almost solely of the Indica variety. The name "Kush" originates from the Hindu-Kush mountains where it was cultivated for thousands of years. This sweet smelling plant is part of the Cannabis Indica family, which leads the plant to be short and squat in appearance. Some forms of Kush, however, are in fact a hybrid between Cannabis Indica and Cannabis Sativa...which leads to greater harvests. Varieties of the Kush plant include,(But are not limited to), Hindu Kush, OG Kush, Purple Kush, Master Kush. Many crossbreeds exist as well.

i know i answered my own question, and should've turned to google first. sorry for my pointless post. but hopefully this answeres others questions as well.

3. headies are usually the named strains
    beasters are also called high mids around here its like mids without alot of seeds
    mid is just weed thats better than schwag but not beasters or headies
    and regs/reggie/schwag/dirt is just cheap seedy weed but it is good for making large batches of hash if you dont grow

4. Slang terms vary greatly from area to area, but in the midwest and east coast, those terms mean the following:

"regs" - dirt weed, generally very poor quality with more seeds than buds, typically extremely compressed

"mids" - slightly better quality, but in reality the term "mids" was created to market to high school kids who are willing to pay twice as much for something that cost the distributor the same amount of money

"beasters" - stereotypical beasters are grown en masse, typically from just a couple of different commercial Canadian strains (M-39 being the most well-known of them), and usually distributed via Asian gangs in Canada (also known as "china bud" for that reason)

"headies" - well grown, properly harvested, well cured bud

5. yeah mang you hit the nail on the head

6. I make it pretty simple its either Dank and I will smoke it or its not dank and I wont smoke it lol

7. around here its: headies (great bud that is a head high and is basically completely sativa), mids (cheap bud that gets you high, but like real chill and laid back, lower quality produces that shitty as headache sometimes), beasters (the canada stuff that is a good high, better than mids), and name brands (non-headies, like stuff that has more indica than sativa). i dont know a lot of the terminology but like thats the gist of it around my parts.