whats the difference between these bulbs ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by monkeynutts, Nov 1, 2007.

  1. Hi,
    I've been trying to find out what the following letters mean on growlamps. You get them on metal halide bulbs, it either says

    Does anyone know what they mean or what the difference is ?
    many thanks
  2. just types

    first one is a phillips bulb type and second is a medical type aquarium light
    just types or brands google it man were not search engines...lol

    p.s type in what you posted in google and youll see
  3. I did google it before posting to the forum. I've seen both types marketed under various brands. You can buy a 600W MH HPI-T for £50 or a 600W MH BLV HIT for £25. I guess if they are both the same and its only a difference of manufacturer (rather than light output or spectrum) I'll go for the cheap option.
  4. i have the HPI-T bulb. good for vegging. not flowering. its a safe choice.

    no idea about the other one. if it is an "aquarium" light it might be good.
    it would have alot more UV output. Marine animals, reptiles etc need UVs and use it for making some vitamin or something. anyway, pot produces more resin to shield itself from UVs. id use it in flowering, IF thats what it is.

Share This Page