Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What's the difference between Sativa and Indica?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Drugsrock, Sep 4, 2012.

1. What's the difference in highs? I think indica makes you more sleepy, but I'm not exactly sure. I don't even think ive had sativa before :/
    I'm no veteran at pot.
    Also, is there a way to tell the difference between a nug of sativa and a nug of indica?

2. Indica is a lot more chill
    Sativa is a lot more hyper
    The more purple it is. It is an indica
    The more white it is. It is a Sativa
    That's all I know about the differences

3. [quote name='"whirlpool"']Indica is a lot more chill
    That's all I know about the differences[/quote]

Not trying to be a dick but I dont think color has anything to do with it. Weed turns purple if temp is reduced during flowering stage as far as I know. As for differences in appearance, I've found sativas tend to be more smaller rounder nugs while Indicas are longer

4. [quote name='"whirlpool"']Indica is a lot more chill
    That's all I know about the differences[/quote]

This goes down as dumbest post of the day.

5. [quote name='"NorCali86"']

This goes down as dumbest post of the day.[/quote]

Ouch lol

6. #6 whirlpool, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    Sorry. I'm not a seasoned toker. I'm still learning...just saying what I thought was right

7. there are just about no strains that are pure indica/sativa, so it will never be 100% either way. however, more indica strains give you a couchlock high, good for sitting on your ass for three hours eating chips. sativa tends to be a more energetic high, good for going to work or daily use. some strains are 50/50 so it'll be a mix of effects. purple weed TENDS to be more indica but is not necessarily.

8. #9 4 Four 2 Twenty 0, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    Sativa = Energy to do stuff and feel upplifted
    Indica = Good for pain and makes you tired or couch locked.
    Indica also seems to give me the munchies more, But thats why i like a good hybrid :)

9. its hard to tell sometimes, a lot of the time the strain is a hybrid between the two. Sativa= still able to function quite normally, able to clean house, play guitar, play video games find and still able to read and use computer or pen and paper.

Indica= a lot more sluggish and relaxed. hard to move, once your comfortable you REALLY don't wanna move lol. Can be hard to focus on things, I find a lot of the time I have really weird thoughts. like Ill imagine what would happen if an airplane were to crash into my neighbors house and how I would react to it.

Sativas are good for when you have things you need to do ( although I recommend doing all your shit before you smoke )

Indicas are more for at home when you don't have things to do like on a weekend or at night. indicas are good for sleep problems aswell

10. Indicas are the most beneficial for pain relief due to the high CBD content. Sativas are just fun :) I'd categorize sativas as more psychedelic for sure. However you will not trip :laughing: but closed eye visuals are very likely. I find I actually get more closed eye visuals/weird thoughts after smoking an indica. I believe this is because I'll just be sitting/laying down and my mind just wanders to whatever because I dont have the energy to control it lmao