Whats the difference between Medical Marijuana and Recreational Marijuana?

Discussion in 'General' started by jonobooto1325476, Sep 3, 2013.

1. I heard that in Colorado theres going to be separate medical marijuana and recreational marijuana stores. Whats the difference? What advantages does medical marijuana have? Is it more potent? Does it have a better high or better taste? Is there more varieties with medical marijuana? Is the medical marijuana locally grown and the recreational marijuana grown by mexican cartels or something? How is this whole thing going to work?

2. there is no difference

An illegal grower with mad skills will grow better weed than a dispensary full of idiots.

The difference now comes down to price, state stores will tax the shit up the ass, while dispensaries will follow the same tax they always have.

Meaning you are still better off buying from the dude down the street who grows good quality weed unless you want to get a med card, or pay a ton of money for the same exact quality of bud

3. Medical weed tends to be way danker, like waaaay danker. That really depends on the dispensary and how good the grower is, and how they run it. 

On the other hand I'v been to dispensaries, and seen the most shittiest bud in my life...like why even have that in stock?? 

It's not like all the dope ass growers sell to dispensaries though because they lowball the growers to make a profit. Even if they are supposed to be non-profit. I know home growers that produce 10x better quality bud than dispensaries that suck.

Medical weed is supposed to have a higher standard of quality. That's not always the case though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marijuana used for medical purposes tend to have a higher CBN level than recreational. Recreational has a higher level of THC.

but in all actualities, there is no difference (besides the obvious genetic differences from strain to strain, but that is irrelevant)

A strain grown in a dispensary can be grown anywhere

People need to stop putting this weight on medicinal vs just legal weed, it makes it seem like certain types of weed may be too potent or something for public consumption haha, like you need a fucking dr's note to smoke a certain quality

My friend is growing a high CBD strain, not sure of its name, but he specified he got it for that purpose. Its not medicinal weed, he just grows weed lol same weed, different word before it

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oh yeah I agree. I said it was used for those purposes. But there is no difference. Weed is weed when ya come right down to it.

7. Recreational weed will be sold in STATE ran facilities that anyone over 18 can legally buy from. These buildings are public. Bud is grown by the gov't and in my opinion is sprayed with pesticides and GMO

Medicinal bud is from independant facilities. You need a card or letter of recommendation to enter, these places are NOT open to public, only medical patients

Lol

not in CO

You open a shop, you grow the weed. The government has nothing to do with it besides their greedy ass fingers upping the price

They are offering the dispensaries the chance to swap, their facilities can be either legal, or medicinal. So essentially, its the SAME shit, just anyone OVER 21 can go and buy weed, NOT 18

"The difference is not necessarily in the marijuana or the way that it is grown, but in how it is used. Recreational marijuana users are looking for novel states of consciousness that are pleasant and interesting. Connoisseurs seek different highs for different circumstances and to create different moods." (Source)

Does that answer your question?

10. That's so lame.

11. Beat me to it. The difference is in the user. Do you need it to help an actual physical ailment or are you just looking to get high, or enlightened?

Nothing wrong with recreational, I love myself after all, but we need to remember what momma told us. Patience is a virtue, wait your turn. I consider the people smoking to Open their minds as recreational, again nothing wrong with it but let the suffering reap benefits first.

12. Oh damn. In WA the govt supplies

13. Hi JoeVullion13254 :wave:

You should tell us all why you're really here.

14. #15 -13 Amp-, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013
    what?

"I'm pleased that the proposed caps on grow size would allow for greater participation for small-sized producers rather than for fewer, large-sized producers," she said.
    The revised rules set the maximum amount of space for marijuana production at 2 million square feet.
    They also limit any entity to three producer or processor licenses and three retail licenses.
    "We want to avoid a market dominated by large players, which could drive up prices and encourage aggressive marketing," board member Chris Marr said. "
    http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2013/09/washington_liquor_board_sets_n.html

"For growers, any plant waste matter that isn't utilized, such as the roots, stems or leaves, would be required to be “rendered unusable” by mixing with soil, compost or food waste"

"Growers, processors and retailers must notify the Liquor Control Board of any marijuana shipments
    Growers would need to keep extensive records of all plants from seed to shipment."

http://www.thedailychronic.net/2013/17950/washington-state-releases-proposed-recreational-marijuana-rules/

15. The absolutely only difference is the name. 

16. False. The recreational marijuana stores will be ran and owned by the LIQUOR CONTROL BOARD, and will NOT be supplying RICK SIMPSON OIL.

Medicinal marijuana dispensaries are ran and owned independantly

17. Also with I-502 is WA it made clearer rules on driving while high, except for the part that THC takes weeks to leave your system as we all know that. The amount in your blood that it takes for you to be considered under the influence is about the equivalent to taking 2 puffs from and joint, and waiting 2 weeks. That's how everyone is going to be fucked. Weed isn't like alcohol like where your BAC lowers in a few hours, it takes weeks.

18. No they will be overseen by the liquor board, it will be ran by whoever wants to run one and pass a background check...its all explained in the links I posted...they DO NOT run them or supply the weed, regular people run them and grow the weed to be sold in them....and oil is illegal for rec. Use just like wax and hash, has nothing to do with medical marijuana, its the same marijuana you will be able to buy (not talking about different strains)...

Sent from my LGL75C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Ohh alright thanks for clearin that up bud!