Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Whats the difference between Medical Marijuana and Marijuana you'd get from a dealer?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by PermanentlyHigh, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Whats the difference in prices, strengths, ect.
    Would it be worth moving to California to get it?

2. Green is green

3. Depends on a lot of things.

I don't pay anything different here, and it is medical...But shit, anymore in my life weed is weed.:cool:

4. Nothing. Weed is weed. I'm on the east coast and I had a legit medical hookup for awhile. So my dealer's weed was medical. But basically if it is high quality weed it can be considered as medical.

5. The Grower sells to the clubs, who sell to you unless you know the grower then you can just get it from him & avoid going through the club and being ripped off.

6. In some dispencerys they send it to a lab to have it tested for pesticides thc/cbd% for mold. On the price I pay 20 for 5 g's it's cheep for a reason it's for the sick bro.weed helps people like me with a lot of shit.strength it's a lot more potent because clubs don't buy swag.

7. more quality control in the medical field though

8. No difference if the growers are good..most dispensaries buy overages from growers anyways

9. Medical marijuana will always be very well grown.

Some dealers are shit at growin, hence bad bud. However other dealers are just as good as the dispensaries

10. basically the only advantage is that you can be sure your buying quality. and you dont have to deal with sketchy drug dealers

11. $20 for 5 grams? Damn stockton is a whole lot better than the East Bay as far as clubs go. Around here eighths go for 40-55 in the clubs.

12. Guaranteed quality and weight is good enough for me

13. The word medical.

14. With medicinal you know you won't be getting laced, fiber glass, glass shards, junk being put in to add weight

It will always be guaranteed top grade and legal

15. I've had two connects say they had "medical" at a point in time. And let me tell you, did that "relax" / NuM.B your body and get your ripped.

That's not to say I have not have "no names" that have not got me that high^

16. I've had two connects say they had "medical" at a point in time. And let me tell you, did that "relax" / NuM.B your body and get your ripped.

That's not to say I have not have "no names" that have not got me that high^
    :smoking:

17. ones legal ones not
    pretty simple

18. What are the differences between real MMJ and street weed? Quality control, for one!

I have seen dealers selling moldy or otherwise inferior weed many times. I have even seen weed contaminated with the weed-killer paraquat being sold in the past! :eek:

It is "pot-luck" buying on the streets! And with the new (and dangerous) synthetic "unmentionables" being cheaper, there is now a real chance of actually getting some "laced" pot! :cool:

However, on more than one occasion, I have seen my favorite dispensary owner turn down a chance to buy some "less than perfect" cannabis. You should have heard what she said about him and his "street weed", after he left! She was mad that he would even offer that sort of "shit" to her! She won't buy anything that she wouldn't smoke! :smoke:

FYI- Most of you think that "medical marijuana" is all "killer weed"! It isn't! In fact, some it won't get you more than a little tiny buzz! :eek:

The new purely medicinal "high CBD" strains like "Harlequin" are becoming popular in dispensaries. They control many types of pain, kill breast cancer cells and a lot more, without a high! My local dispensary used to have trouble keeping it in stock for certain patients- they usually have it now.

My new list has has over TWENTY PAGES of links just about CBD and all the stuff it can do! If you want the whole shebang, send me an email (bottom of my sig). Or for a short version, just click that first link in my sig and scroll down to the "CANNABIDIOL" section. :D

(They have also found "high [FONT=&quot]Cannabigerol"[/FONT] strains, but cannabigerol hasn't been studied as much as CBD, so there isn't a demand- yet.)

There is a lot more to "medical marijuana" than just THC levels! The balance between the two main phytocannabinoids, THC and CBD, is a major part of how the cannabis heals you!

Granny

19. #19 Demiurge, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
    The only difference is with medical from a dispensary you have more choices. And some places even show the thc/cbd percentages. On the black market you will never get so many options. I think the best I've ever had was like four different legitimate strains at a time. But weed isn't magically better if it's termed "medical". Many people that now grow bud for dispensaries/clubs used to grow it for the black market. Yeah, people can put more effort into growing bud to it's fullest potential, but shit loads of illegal growers grow just as well. If you think all medical weed is 100% you're delusional. I've seen tons of dispensaries sell leafy mid grade bud. If they are not a shady hole in the wall they will sell it for dirt cheap and be truthful about it being the greatest.

20. Medicinal weed is highly more potent , dank , and expensive (depending where you live) all i smoke is medicinal since its the only thing my dealer carries.