what's the difference between a joint and a spliff?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by weedzilla420, Jun 16, 2004.

1. yeah you and everybody else are dumb ass's, a spliff is when you roll marijuana in the husks of corn, (the green outer layer thats wrapped around corn), in a cone shape.

how to roll a spliff:(all of the following information is out of the september, 1976 issue of high times magazine) Clean your herb, then take the corn husk(sundry first) and dip it in a glass of water, pull off a few strands of fiber from the husk and set aside, trim both ends of the husk so that its a rectangle, then load it with lots of your favorite herb, and give it a roll but as you roll it roll one end tighter than the other so it makes a cone shape, then tie the whole thing together with the fibers you set aside and once you tie it cut the extra string so you dont set yourself on fire, then trim the ends of the spliff neatly, tap it down on both ends so you dont loose any herb, AND THATS IT!!! YOUR READY TO SMOKE NATURES WAY, NOTHING IS WASTED BUT THE SMOKER, HAHA ENJOY!!!!!

SHIT THEY DID IN THE 70'S

2. idk dude, i'm not gonna go harvest the corn fields and do some crazy steps to smoke a 'spliff' (not trying to sound like a dick either) but from where I'm at it's a joint with cig tobacco in it and I usually smoke them all the time to conserve herb. :D

3. No. Unless you can find spliff in the dictionary, there is no set term for it. It can be anything you want it to mean, but it mostly depends on region. Around me a spliff is a joint + tobacco. But you're a couple years late in the conversation anyway.

4. as already stated by others in the thread, to me and pretty much everyone i know, joint=weed in rolling paper, spliff is weed+tobacco in rolling paper

5. Spliffs have tabacco in them! That's the only difference in cali anyhoo..

:yay:

6. as far as i know a joint is a marijuana cigarette and a spliff is a marijuana and tobacco cigarette

7. Lol awesome first post.

8. what's up with resurrecting a thread of mine that's 6 years old?

9. I grew up in Montreal, Quebec. I never saw weed until I was about 17 or 18. I smoked hash since I was 13,weed was rare. We would actually pay extra for weed. I don't know why that was...anyhow,

In Montreal, in the 80's at least :eek: a SPLIFF was crumbled hash mixed with tobacco to get it burning.

A joint was weed only

10. We have a slightly different view on that, or at least my friend has.
    Joints are rolled, spliffs are filled cigarettes (non-rolled). Tobacco or not.

11. A spliff is a Joint with Tobacco that is the technical term and the technical definition.

12. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9st0QBL3yBM"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
    this guy is rolling a spliff technically. its more of a europian thing i think.

13. Dude, you can smoke MINT!? Does it taste good?

14. Of swizzle mah hizzle

15. A spliff is weed & tobacco, the ratio varies, mainly found in the UK. A Joint is pure weed. Filter/tip/crutch can be added to either, doesn't change the name.

I had an argument with a guy the other night  about this... He tried telling me that a spliff was a joint with a crutch. I said, no, a spliff has tobacco in it. But he kept denying it lol.

16. A spliff if you wanna get technical is Tobacco mixed with weed not weed n tobacco. like a 70:30 ratio

a j is pure weed rolled.

17. Here, we call spliffs a joint with a filter in it

18. Over here in the region and up in chicago and through indiana, everyone ive known has called spliffs tobacco and weed mix, joint is weed. And, also it used to be if you mentioned a spliffs ppl would freak and not wanna smoke it lol

19. Spliffys taste better! haha. Around here it means tobacco+weed. but like everyone said, it differs.

20. spliffs and joints are one and the same 

now a pure joint with no tobacco is a reefer 

this question is moot as it comes down to cultural learning and language use 

we will all have major differences in the terminology used to describe what we already know